Phantom Planet: Part 5

"Why is everyone but me bummed about this? I mean come on, Danny Phantom and (s/n) aren't needed anymore and you guys are safer now! I'm surprised you didn't take away your powers to (y/n) so from now on Danny Fenton is just a nice normal kid from a nice normal family."

 Danny exclaims and I sigh. "Danny I didn't get rid of my powers because I want to keep them, it's a big part of my life that I'm proud of, I'm surprised you weren't proud of what you've done with your powers but what's upsetting the most is that you wouldn't even listen to us first. C'mon, let's go get our parents outta jail, I've got patrol soon, and it's gonna take a lot longer to do now..." I trail off as I walk upstairs.

Danny's heart ached to see my down face. "Okay yeah, I feel bad for giving her more work but she'll see eventually this was the right call, I did this to also protect you because I lo- CARE- care about you deeply...Oh, who am I kidding still trying to deny how I really feel about you (y/n)?"Danny thought but Jazz's hand started to lead him to the RV where we all sat in silence until we reached the station.

"Thanks for getting us outta jail kids, I knew there must have been some sort of mistake," Maddie stated as our parents approached the RV. "Dah, I was never worried. I was this close to tunneling us outta there with my trusty ice cream spoon! But then they uh...Served ice cream so well you know..."  Jack said when Maddie took notice of the white streak in Danny's hair. "By the way Danny I think it's cute what you've done with your hair!" 

"I think it would be a lot cuter if you had a matching streak in your hair (y/n), right here," Mom chimed in running her fingers through a few strands of my hair where she thought it would look best. "Yeah, it kinda reminds me about that band I was in the 80s The Skunk Punks," He shows an article from an old news clipping of the band that read Skunk Punks Stink! With an image of the ban a white streak in each of their hair.

"The Skunk Punks Stink?" Danny questions and dad nod stating "Yeah, they ran right into that one," Everyone started to get in the car when Danny and I took notice of the Master's Blasters fighting a ghost up above.

"Uh, you guys head on home, it's such a nice normal day that I thought that I'd just kinda walk around and be you know normal," Danny suddenly says and I chime in with "I'm gonna join Danny's walk if that's ok." "Well alright just be normally careful you two, buh bye!" Danny then reaches for my hand stating "I'm glad you're starting to see why the town doesn't need us anymore, c'mon didn't you say there was a cafe you wanted to try out?"

 When he couldn't find my hand he looks around to see me running in an alley to go ghost and his face drops. "Oh...She said she was coming along as an excuse so she could fight the ghost..." He watches me fly out to attack just as the Master's Blasters tumbled into the road. I start to fight the ghost when I catch Danny walking away, it sort of annoyed me but what could I do? He made his choice. Throughout the week Danny had taken advantage of not having to fight ghosts starting with sleeping in.

It had been my morning patrol and I had to wake up even earlier now, the Master's Blasters and I were chasing Klimper when we pass Danny's room to see him still sleeping and I frown, I wasn't just mad that he gave up ghost fighting.

I was also mad because he never tried to help in any way and whenever I tried to talk to him about ghost fighting, or ghost powers he would shrug it off and move on with his day. To be honest this had put a strain on our relationship and he felt distant.

After all, if it wasn't what he was focusing on now he didn't want to talk. We had made it to school when Youngblood showed up in his ship, I had raced behind a tree to go ghost and engage him, I'd been practicing with my firepower but now that Danny wasn't fighting ghosts there weren't two forces of cold making it cold enough to burn so my firepower had turned into his ice power but I still managed to make a sword and battled with Youngblood. My friends turn to Danny with a hopeful smile that this would spur him into action but he had shrugged and walked inside.

I had seen it and I growled my focus switching to Danny for a split second, giving Youngblood the opportunity to push me away when he was downloaded and I met back up with my friends, they knew what was going on with Danny and they were pretty upset with him too.

Later that day Spectra and Johnny 13 attacked the school, a couple of teens raced by with the ghost hot on their heels along with the Master's Blasters, once everyone besides my friends was out of the hall I go ghost and fly after the ghost my friends gesturing for Danny to help but he continued to walk to his next class. Once Spectra and Johnny 13 were taken care of again, I go flying off when the Master's Blasters stop me.

 "(s/n)?" "Yes?" "We understand that you've been protecting Amity Park from ghosts and because of that we don't try to capture you but you are getting in the way, stop interfering. If we see you fighting ghosts again we will arrest you, is that clear?" My eyes widen before glaring at them, my fists clenching, are they seriously threatening me? I take a deep breath before saying through grit teeth "Crystal," I knew what would happen if they arrested me, it was covered in their latest interview that the ghosts were put in jail not back in the Ghost Zone with no hope of getting out.