Flirting with Disaster: Part 4

After that statement came out of Sam's mouth, Tucker started to laugh uncontrollably. "If you're done we have to tell Danny and (y/n)," Sam said with a glare when Tuck told her "You wanna tell those two that the real reason they broke up was because Technus wanted to play matchmaker? How do you think they'll react to that?" The next morning Sam had gathered us all behind some trees and broke the news and our reactions were just as Tuck predicted.

Danny was laughing his butt off at how absurd the claim was while I had a frown, my arms crossed with my face reading unbelievable. "You done yet?" Sam asked starting to get annoyed. "No," Danny said before letting his back hit up against a tree to laugh some more. "Okay, now I'm done."

"Sam, you're telling us that Technus broke us up just so he could hook Danny up? That doesn't make any sense so sorry to say but I can't believe you without some sort of proof." "Besides this is Technus we're talking about, he hates emotions!" Danny chimed in when Sam put her hands on her hips making a good point. "And hello?! He's using yours against you!" "Dim lights, stalled Ferris wheels, you two breaking up over an event that didn't seem to happen, do you think the universe wants you and Valerie to be together?" Tucker asked making another good point, Danny had grieved about the breakup to Tucker and me to Sam, the two then talked, and on both ends, it seemed we broke up over an event that never happened that caused the fight.

"Well maybe...I dunno...I might," Danny admitted, and to be honest, it was the truth, while he still hadn't gotten over (y/n), something was blooming with Val and he has thought about dating her. Unknowing to him but Valerie had heard and Sam and I saw her as all three of us were left with widened eyes and jaws dropped. "Uh really? Because-" Tucker started to say when he spotted Val and tried to change his wording. "Tech-" "Technically because we just want you to be happy, if you like her we'll just have to make space for her at our table."

Sam lied straight through her teeth with a fake smile, her eye twitching as I felt the tears start to come up again for the 5th or 10th time today and I quickly excuse myself. "And speaking of Valerie...I'm supposed to meet her before class," Danny then went off to find Valerie and said girl showed herself asking:

"Did you mean that?" "Um, uh, yeah sure if Danny likes you and you like Danny then the least we could do is give you a chance," Sam stated shrugging even though in her head she was mentally shouting it was hers and Technus's fault that this was happening. Suddenly Valerie rushed up and hugged Sam in pure glee who shuddered as she mumbled "Human contact...Crushing goth indifference..."

On the way to the building, Danny was still laughing at the idea. "Technus as matchmaker please," The sound of a twig snapping caught Danny's attention but when he saw nothing he tried to convince himself of that.

"It's nothing...Sam was probably being paranoid," Suddenly Valerie's suit emerged from the trees, taking aim. "But it doesn't mean she's not right...Valerie's not in there is she?" I heard Danny ask and I peek around the corner to see Val's suit and Technus's voice rang out. "No, she's not. She's over there, in full view," He pointed and we both turned our heads to see her waving at Danny.

He gives a nervous wave back as he turns his attention back to Technus. "You should run now!" Danny started to run. "Hey, Danny! Sam and I just had the greatest conversation and-" Valerie was cut off when her suit raced past her and soon so did I in my ghost form as Valerie shouted "That's my suit! And it's after Danny!" She runs off a bit to empty her bag hoping for some sort of weapon to help. After seeing there wasn't anything in her bag and hearing ectoblasts being shot she grabbed a broken branch and gave chase.

"You were pushing me, and Valerie, together...That means you did force me and (y/n) to break up!" Danny came to the conclusion, his eyes flickering between colors in anger while I clenched my fists while gritting my teeth...If it wasn't for this jerkwad we never would've broken up!

"You're welcome!" Technus then shouts only angering me more. He goes to shoot Danny again who hops out of the way and I charge up an ectoblast and shoot only for him to dodge and send a grenade my way sending my flying. Danny goes to transform when Technus stops him. "Ah, ah, ah, careful secret identity remember?" He stops himself when Technus starts talking again. "I wonder who'll miss you more? The angry ghost hunter? The girl who even though is your ex has fallen in love with you? Or the frustrated little goth girl who can't admit her feelings?"

"What are you-" Danny started to ask when he was cut off. "Ah well, nothing you need to worry about now because you are through with interfering with my plans!" He goes to charge up another blast when suddenly a milk carton hits him and then afterward an ectoblast sending him to the ground.