The Ultimate Enemy: Part 2

Author: Forgot to say this in the first chapter but this episode is dedicated to TheLunarAssassin for giving me one of the ideas I'm using for this episode.

"Oh, who am I kidding? My life is over..." He soon mumbles after he saw nobody cared as he walked off the stage. "These aren't just the answers to the test, they're the answers to your future. So study; remember it's your future do you want fries with it?" He asks while putting the answers in a briefcase, locking it, and then handcuffing it to his wrist. I look over to see Danny spacing out as I ask 'Hey lover boy, you ok? Danny?"

"What are you waiting for? It's the perfect chance to take them out." One of the observers points out. "That's the thing the problem with you observants: all you do is observe," Clockwork stated as he went through his cycle of baby, elderly, and young adult. "You know our oath: To watch-" "And never act which is why you bring me in to do your dirty work. He turns evil because he's under pressure for some test? Fine, then perhaps it's time for a test of my own..." Clockwork trails off as he skips ahead through the day. Danny and I were in the kitchen studying, both of us we're taking the example test when Jazz came in to see how we were doing.

Danny goes in to fill a bubble when Jazz's objections could be heard but she quickly stopped herself. Danny goes to fill in a different bubble and her objections were heard again. I look up from my test and glare at her, my silent way of telling her to shut up. Danny goes to fill in another bubble and again Jazz interrupts causing Danny to throw up his arms in annoyance.

"Okay, okay! I get it! You're brilliant and I'm stupid and I'll never be able to get as high a score as you! So far I'm not even qualified to scrape the grease of the Nasty grill." Danny flicks his pencil away and I set mine down as Jazz tells him "All I want is for you to succeed Danny and doing well on this test will help." I then chime in with "Besides test scores can't accurately depict how well somebody's future will be and colleges will focus more on your class grades, GPA, extracurricular activities and the S.A.Ts which you've told me you do good on. Remember this," I gesture towards the sheet in front of him. "Is just a sample, not the real deal, we're taking it to see what we got wrong so we know what to study; it's okay to get a wrong answer and it's okay your not book smart like Jazz, that doesn't mean your stupid." I put my hand on Danny's shoulder to reassure him and he gives me a small smile and then Jazz opened her mouth.

We both know she cares and we're grateful for it but her comforting words aren't comforting, especially when she's tried to drill her words in our head since school started. "There are three things I've learned in life..." "Study hard, do your best, and-" Danny and I say with her while rolling our eyes when she suddenly shouts.

"DUCK!" A boomberang flies into the room and hits the back of Danny's head before hitting my forehead and falling on the table. "Ow," We both said simultaneously while rubbing the sore part of our heads. "A boomerang?" Danny questions as our parents run in and Danny throws it."I call it the Boooooomerang. It locks in on a ghost or two's ecto signature and seeks it out wherever it goes." Jack explained as the boomerang came back and hit me and Danny on the head again. Maddie grabs it while our parents inspect it as Maddie states "All though why it's keying into Danny and (y/n) is way beyond me." 

"What's that, Dan? One of those stupid cat tests? I failed that and I didn't turn out to be a cat," Jack asked when he spotted our tests. Once they left the kitchen Danny threw his book and test off the table.

"Oh, I give-" "Time out!" Time started to slow down until it stopped completely, Danny standing up while throwing his stuff off the table, Jazz mid-sneeze, and me going to facepalm. Clockwork appeared with a small ghost girl next to him. "Ah, good; parents are gone. He's alone with his sister and girlfriend."

Clockwork grabs a medallion and puts it on the ghost child that was next to him, waking her up. "Huh, what? Where am I?" She questions while looking around. "Amity Park, before you were born. Those kids there are part ghost," Clockwork explains while pointing at Danny and me. "My employers believe him to be a threat and her to be a possible threat to the world. Could you be a dear and dance a little dance for us?"

 The ghost girl glares down at us as Clockwork disappears, restarting time. "Time in!" Our ghost sense goes off and Danny yells at his sister while I spot the ghost and get out of the kitchen to go ghost. "A ghost? Here? Now get out of my room!" "We're in the kitchen, "Jazz points out when she sees the worry on his face and the ghost behind him. "But if that's your attitude I don't wanna see you or anything you and (y/n) will do in here for the next several minutes!"