Urban Jungle: Part 1

"Woah, take it easy Demilo, that's your third fly this morning and you know you're watching your cholesterol," Sam says wagging her finger at her flytrap after watering it. "Hmm I'm feeling international today," She mumbles to herself as she grabs a basket and walks around her garden picking out her fruits and veggies, thanking each plant for what they grew. "Nice when countries can come together for a  mutual cause: mainly my lunch," Sam murmurs putting the fruits and veggies into her lunch box before putting the rest into a small container.

"Hey, Sam, ready for school?" Tuck asks as we walk in, Danny and I wearing our winter coats as we continuously shivered. "Close the door! Cold air is not good for the plants, the humidity opens their pores!" Sam exclaims as she helps me shut the door. "It could help you sweat off a few inches too Mr. Pie for breakfast," Sam remarks giving Tucker a smirk as he asks "And that's wrong why?"

"It's like a meat locker to us, can you turn up the heat?" Danny asks shivering more as I ask "Yeah, w-what gives? D-did you turn it down in here?" I ask with a slight stutter as I continued to shiver and chatter my teeth. "What's with you two? It must be 95 degrees in here!" Sam says raising an eyebrow as she gave me the container filled with fruits and veggies and Danny tells her "We don't know, ever since I got up this morning I can't seem to get warm, apparently neither can (y/n)," Danny shrugs his fingers grazing Tucker causing him to shiver.

 "Brrr, man I've heard of ghosts sending chills up your spine but this is too weird." "It's true ever since those two have gotten up and out of the house they've done nothing but shiver, they're cold to the touch!" Logan says and I take notice of his increasing pink cheeks. 

"We must be coming down with a bug," I state as a fly flies past me and we watch Demilo eat it.  "Awesome! A veggie that hates veggies as much as I do!" Tuck exclaims happily as he looked at Demilo, Sam rolling her eyes with an amused smile. "Let's go, guys, no dessert for you tonight mister," Sam wags her finger at Demilo again as we walk out the cold from me and Danny freezing Demilo. On our way to school, we walk past a construction site, destroying more of Mother Nature. 

"Ugh, urban blight, so thrilled to live in the twenty-first century," Sam says sarcastically as we look around Tucker pointing out new buildings stating "Me too! That new arcade in the new strip mall next to the new hot dog place looks awesome and new!" "I know, besides Sam, there's nothing wrong with a little p-p-progress."

Danny states letting out another shiver. "Yeah, Vlad's new beautification campaign is very progressive," Tuck states gesturing towards the billboard showing Vlad tearing down a tree with bright red bold letters reading Mayor Vlad says: Who cares about nature? The future is concrete! "No. Just progressively worse, seriously messing too much with nature can be a dangerous thing."

Sam remarks putting her hands on her hips as she glared at the billboard Logan chiming in with "Exactly! Especially s-since nature has helped us last this long with making medicine, creating the air you breathe, and the food we eat!" We hear another tree crash down onto the dirt when suddenly an earthquake starts and a huge crack filled with all sorts of vegetation fill the crack growing down both ways as we watch a giant purple flytrap grow up and open its mouth to reveal a brain with eyeballs as vines covered it and the stem, bushes then wrapping around it as it turns into a ghost completely made out of vines.

He lets out a screech before picking up the dead tree bellowing "Flesh dwellers, you have caused pain to my children once too often. Now you too can feel pain...The pain of Undergrowth!" He shoots out spiked vines from his hand destroying the construction workers' machines.

"Anybody got a weed wacker?!" Tuck asks as we watch the plant continue its destruction. "Terrible human race! Your progress has destroyed acres of my children, now I shall destroy you to make room for my new offspring!" "I completely dig where you're coming from but there are better ways to go about this, start a non-profit or organize a petition!" Sam tried to negotiate when Undergrowth screamed, throwing a bulldozer into a building that came tumbling down Logan pulling Sam closer to him to avoid any rubble as she gave the plant a smile "Or you can destroy things."

We jump back away from another building falling down as Danny says "Going g-g-ghost!" We both go ghost and fly up to Undergrowth's face. "Sorry I don't have much of a green thumb!" Danny shouts shooting an ectoblast at Undergrowth destroying his right arm. "And now neither do you!" He shouts when vines wrap around our friends and we hear them cry for our help as the blasted off arm falls towards them. We fly our friends out of the way before they are smashed as we watch Undergrowth grow his arm back. "Undergrowth huh? Looks to me like your overgrown, don't you know that weeds are bad for the plants?"

 I ask as we fly up and destroy his arm, blast and fly through his chest before zapping his head off. But it was to no avail as he just regrew everything stating "You can't destroy a being who's able to regenerate himself!" He grows a bunch of flytraps that start to chase after us as we tried to fly away through the city, eventually circling back as we started to form large ectoblasts that we combined together as Danny said "He can't regenerate if he's a pile of ashes!" That's when the cold hit us and we start shivering as the plants come back and catch us.