Reality Trip: Part 10

We needed to take this fight away from the people before a bystander gets hurt. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the gem and quickly grab it before flying up Danny following suit as the three chases after us. A rope with a claw was thrown at us as it grabbed hold of us and we were thrown down onto a roof. I open my eyes to see the crystal monster about to smash us when Danny grabs my waist and rolls us out of the way. Danny then grabs a hold of the pant leg and flies into the air, tying him to a nearby flag pole.

"Now to finish off the rest of the Villans of Super Dweebs..." Danny muttered as he flew back down when the samurai came in for a surprise attack at Danny; before the two could fight I flew up and blocked his attack sending all three of us back down to the roof. We hear a sound and look up to see the GIW landing on the roof panting as they caught their breath for a minute.

"Man, these cross country ghost chases are like totally exhausting..." The two then start to shoot their guns at us as ecto-nets flew trapping Danny and me together and the other trapping the samurai. The two began shooting more nets at the other two villains who were closing in when the samurai cut through his net and went to attack the GIW. The two crashed to the roof at our feet as we break free from the net. "Not so fast!" I shout to the three before they could fly away as we shoot an ectoblast at them and the gem falls into Danny's hands. The three crash to the roof as they revert back to their geeky selves and the GIW looks over them. 

"Hey! You're just geeks!" "Technically we're enthusiasts.." We fly back down, Danny putting the gem in the Fenton Thermos, and meet back up with our friends. "Nice job you two, we got all three gems, now we just need to get the power source!" "And then we can save our parents! Let's go before the geeks in white show up again!"

We grab ahold of Sam and Tucker and fly off looking for transportation that would take us to Colorado. After a bit of searching, we found a train, it would take all night but we would still have the day to reach the power source before time ran out. While waiting to get to Colorado a question went across my mind.

"Hey, Sam? Do you still have that book about the reality gauntlet?" I ask and she pulls out the book. "Yeah, why?" "Well I was just wondering if the pour source does anything when it's touched because if it doesn't, this could make our search easier and harder," I point out and Sam skims a few pages before shaking her head. 'Nope, all it does is activate the three gems which means no trouble but it is gonna be harder to find it." "Well, were you thinking of a specific spot when you were thinking of the cultural festival (y/n)?"

 Danny asks handing me a drink he got from the food cart before sitting down next to me. After thinking for a minute I nod. "Yeah, actually I was thinking of the arts section though that's still a pretty big range since that ranges from music, dancing, theater, drawing, painting..." I trail off and Sam shrugs "Well it's a start to finding it, hey where's Tucker?" "Eating his heart out in the dining cart," Danny says pointing with his thumb at the door leading to said cart. 

We fell into an awkward silence, I could feel it, the tension was still there from our fight on the ship. "Sam, I want to apologize for how I acted on the ship towards you, it was a childish way to deal with the situation and I wish you and Tucker could have found out on different terms and I know I should've trusted you three with my secret sooner than later but what matters now is you two know and I don't want to lose my best friends so forgive me?"

 I apologize, outstretching my arm for a handshake as Sam looks from me to my hand and sighs with a smile before pulling me in for a hug. "I apologize too, I didn't exactly make it easy for you to tell us," We pull back with a smile and Danny gives us a smile to see we finally made up when the train whistle blew, signifying we had reached Colorado. After dragging Tucker away from the dining cart we flew to the festival and looked at the crowded place. "How are we supposed to find the power source in all this?!" Tuck asked.

 "Well, (y/n) was thinking of the arts section and the power source looks like a gem sooo..." Sam started rubbing her chin with her fingers when it hit me. "Jewelry! !t could be used for jewelry! Let's go!" I shout and we fly over the crowd to the jewelry sections and we start looking through the stands when Danny calls out "Over there!" We look down to see a plump lady wearing a cheetah printed suit with matching sunglasses inspect the power source before buying it. We fly in her way. "I'm sorry ma'am but we need that gem," Danny says pointing at the power source and the lady glared at us.

"Oh no... You can't fool me, you aren't the real Danny Phantom and (s/n)! You're just dressed as them to take this gem for yourselves!" She shouts before shoving us to the ground.

"What's your deal lady?! We're not lying to you! We need that gem to save our parents and the world!" Sam calls out and the lady laughs at Sam as she continued to walk away. I deadpan at the lady as I give shoot an ectoblast at her shoes, burning them to the floor as I fly up and grab the gem out of her grasp and she started to shout for help.