Flirting with Disaster: Part 7

Once her balance was back in control Valerie outstretched her arm and a gun appeared that blasted at us, sending her flying as Danny pushed me out of the way and he was sent back as well. Soon Technus appears as his eyes blast down to Earth, taking control of screens, crosswalk systems, technology stores, etc. Glaring we start to fly towards him blasting at the machine only for the ectoblasts to bounce off when suddenly I was slammed into Danny's chest when we looked up we saw Valerie towering before us as the space we were trapped in started to fill with an ectoblast as we were electrocuted; with what strength we could muster we charge our ectoblasts and shoot Valerie back.

"Danny, you make sure Val's ok, I'll take care of Technus!" I shout flying after him, once I got up I put the jetpack into overload and flew towards Technus as he opened his mouth. At the last minute, I phased out of the jetpack for Technus to eat Danny soon shouting.

He hadn't seen me phase-out of the jetpack as Technus ate it and exploded soon after. "(Y/N)!!!!" Danny shouted as he flew over looking for me when I made myself known. "(y/n), your ok! For a minute I thought I'd- We'd lost you," He said with a relieved smile just as Valerie started to wake up and we went invisible, attaching ourselves to her hoverboard after learning Danny was out of gas.

After a quick look around Valerie starts to head home, growling the whole way. The next day at school Sam dropped the class ring into Danny's palm. "Here you go." "You sure about this?" Tucker asked still a bit suspicious if Danny was going to change his mind. "Yeah, I'm sure about this."

Danny had started to say clutching onto the ring before he continued. "Even though Valerie said she'd give up ghost hunting for me, I wanna try to make things right with (y/n), I still hate myself for ever thinking to just give up on her and move on, though it's probably not gonna be as simple as saying I'm sorry," Sam and Tucker, give each other a side-eye before stating in unison "Clueless." "Danny?" Valerie's voice was heard and Danny stood up to face her. "Hey! I'm glad you're here I wanted to tell you something," Danny started to say as Sam and Tucker walked away from the situation.

"Actually, me first. Danny, I've had a lot of fun these last few days but...My life's too complicated right now for us to be anything other than friends," Valerie explains as Danny asks "Just friends?" "I know I thought too but there's something important I have to do and I don't want you to get hurt because of it. It's not like you were gonna give me some lame class ring right? Besides, I've seen the way you look at (y/n), you still like her, I don't know what caused you two to break up but if I were you, I'd do what I can to fix your relationship, so good luck."

She stated giving Danny a quick kiss on the cheek before leaving giving Danny no chance to tell her that he was going to try again with me. Danny then looked at the class ring. The class ring that his dad had specially engraved for him to give to (y/n) and he had thought about giving it to a girl that wasn't her. That's when Danny sat back down with a glum face. I had seen the whole exchange and despite what I should've done I went to make sure he was fine when he handed me the ring asking "Can you hang on to this?" I take the ring and put it in my pocket as I mumble "Clueless," A little ways Tucker had seen the whole thing when a couple of girls came up. "Dumped him huh?"

"Apparently." "Goth girl making her move?" "Doubt it." "Those two gonna get back together?" "Possibly." "Do you think he like brunettes?" "That settles it. You see anybody?" Tucker asks getting on one knee for his PDA. Back with Danny and me, he had gotten up and hugged me whispering an apology into my ear. I take a deep breath and once Danny had pulled away, I slapped him, hard. "I appreciate the apology but you should know that isn't going to make everything better." I say with my hands on my hips as he muttered "I deserved that."

As I was making my way home I looked at the ring only to soon wonder why I hadn't been given a class ring when I was dating Danny. Though it doesn't matter now, we can't just go back to being a couple and pretend everything is like it was before. I don't know what's going to become of us anymore.