Claw of the Wild: Part 2

We step outside and Sam points up asking "Can we go onto the roof, I don't want those two eavesdroppings so they can gossip," I nod, grabbing her hand and fly up to the roof where we sit down. Letting out a sigh, Sam starts talking again. "It took me a while but I finally have figured things out, thanks to you with that wake-up call. You were right I hadn't wanted to move on and after some thinking, I realized how unfair and selfish I was being, nor was it healthy. It was unfair for me to stay hooked on Danny when I knew he didn't and wouldn't feel the same, it was unfair to you since you've had my back and I never came to you, it was unfair to Danny because he didn't know, and it was especially unfair to Logan since he's been trying to get to know me."

I stay silent but nod my head and wait for her to continue.  "I know I'm an idiot for not talking about this with you, I feel like an idiot, but while I was thinking I realized I had moved on from Danny, I just thought the feelings I had recently developed were towards Danny but they're not, the more I thought about it they were towards Logan..." She trails off and as I looked closer, I noticed the blush tainting her cheeks at the mention of my best friend. "Emotions are complicated and I handled mine in the worst way possible, and I'm truly sorry for not coming to you and for the way I acted, and I hope you can forgive me, or at least try and earn your forgiveness, friends?"

Sam asks, extending her arm out for a handshake and I give her a smile before grabbing her hand and pulling her in for a hug. "The best, Sam I could never be mad at you for your emotions, we can't exactly control them I was madder that you hadn't confronted me about them or noticed Logan for his efforts but now you've realized your mistake and trying to fix it, so of course, I forgive you!"

Sam smiles returning the hug whispering a thank you. When we pull apart we fly back down and re-enter the cabin, Star, and Paulina giving us a look. "We were told to stay in our cabins!" Star says as Paulina says "Those two were probably doing some goth ritual or trying to summon ghosts since they always seem to pop up with those two around."

I cross my arms and roll my eyes as Sam and I sit on her bed, ignoring the two's antics.  The two continued to stare at us when out of the corner of the window there was a green light. "Do you see that green glow?" Star asks panic etched into her face. "It must be swamp gas," Paulina says, equally looking just as panicked. "The monster in the woods must've been done in the woods from eating Lester!" I roll my eyes at the two again, why were people suddenly fond of calling Nathan by his last name? 

Sam and I look out the window to see Danny, his emitting the green glow. "Psst! Wanna come out and play?" We look out to see Tuck and Logan standing behind him when we heard Paulina and Star say "Quick! Hide my moisturizer from the monster!" "Let's like stand on chairs so it can't get us!" Sam and my face go blank as she asks:

"What do you think? But are we prepared to go into the woods?" "Thermos, Fenton phones, and prototype Fenton Wrist Rays, courtesy of my unsuspecting Dad," Danny explained, Tuck, pulling out the thermos, Logan the phones, and Danny the three rays.

 "Most kids worry about packing enough underwear for camp and then there's us," Logan jokes, causing Sam to smile and we sneak out while Paulina and Star were busy trying to protect themselves. Sam, Tuck, and Logan adjust their wrist rays while Danny and I floated a little ahead, using the light from the glow of an ectoblast to guide our way. "Look at you Tucker, out in the woods at night, I'm impressed," Sam says, Tuck recalling back to what was going on in the cabin.

Dash and Kwan were gossiping about the same thing Paulina and Star were, using our boys' heads as something to bounce for their hacky sack. "It was worse in the cabin, trust me," He says when Logan comments "Y-you seem to be in a happy mood S-sam, did something happen?" 

"Yeah, me and (y/n) finally made up from our fight," Sam explains walking up to me and giving a side hug. "That's great to hear," Danny says when his attention turns to a couple of large footprints in the mud. "Guys look footprints!" He exclaims as Danny and I lean down to inspect them. "No big deal, those could simply belong to a friendly little woodland creature," Tuck says, when we heard a growl from the bushes.

 "A fluffy bunny forging for a carrot for example," Tuck continues to say nervously as our ghost senses go off. "A carrot with ghost powers." "Oh, will you relax hacky head? There's nothing to fear but-" She was cut off as a swamp monster jumps out screaming at us. "You were saying?!" We start shooting ectoblasts at it but that proves to do nothing when we were swatted away and we skidded in the dirt. 'How do you use these things?!" Logan asked as he, Sam, and Tuck tried to get the laser to shoot before the monster could hurt them.