Forever Phantom: Part 7

"Stop in the name of all things pure and non-ecto!" We hear Jack shout once the smoke cleared up as Danny, me, and the morpho gives each other a side-eye before Danny tells them "We can explain." "Mr. Lancer, what's going on here? Where's our kids?" Mom asks stepping over the rubble that was left behind. 'Yeah, and have you been violated by any putrid protoplasm?"

 Jack then asks as he stutters to come up with an excuse. "What he means uh is that he captured us, all by himself!" I quickly say and Danny nods pointing at him stating "Him...Mr. Lancer." "What?" Our parents ask looking skeptically at each other. "That's right! And I was just about to dispose of them here in your lab," He explains, gesturing towards the lab with an awkward smile as Danny continues the lie. "Right. B-but we uhh escaped." "And I uh raced after them." "Yeah and now so you will pay you cur!" I shout grabbing him by the collar and lightly slammed him into the machine and pulled my arm out ready to punch. 

He gave me a worried look so I gave him a wink before punching the button next to him to start up the machine into reverse. "Take this!" He cried in fake pain as the machine started up again, Danny coming over and pulling us both back onto the marked spot as we were shot at by the machine. 

Smoke covered the room once again, distracting our parents long enough for us to run upstairs. 'Okay here it goes," Danny says before detransforming. "Alright! We can change again!" Danny celebrates as I change back and hug Danny tightly. "We did it!" I said happily as Danny smiles down at me. "What?" I ask and he tells me "I'm just glad you're alright...Sunshine," My eyes slightly widen as a light shade of pink dusts my cheeks.

 "S-sunshine? I haven't heard that in a while." "Yeah well, I didn't want to step over any boundaries so I wasn't sure if I could call you by your nickname..." Danny trails off, rubbing the back of his neck. I shake my head with a smile as I cup his cheek with one hand and tell him. "Well, you didn't, and to be fair I missed them, lover boy," Danny's cheeks go pink too before I lean in and kiss him, the morpho having to cough to get our attention again. We turn and watch him form back into his original form. "So can I, I'm me! And that means I'm everyone," We watch him turn into a fat guy eating a hot dog, a duck, and finally a ballerina before changing back to normal. 

"Thanks for the help, sorry I wanted all the attention; being faceless, sometimes you just want to be noticed but I guess it's not so bad sharing the spotlight, especially with people who notice me." "The spotlight, we're just happy we can blend in. Just do us a favor: We'll leave you alone if you promise to never let us see you around here again, deal?" "Oh and no more dangerous pranks please," I chime in as we shook hands.

"Deal, but how will you know if you do?" He asks, changing into my ghost form before flying away with a wave. "Danny! (y/n)!" We hear our parents shout as they raced up the stairs and pulled us into a group hug. "We're so glad to see you! How do you feel? Are you okay? How's your face? Aww, cute and pinchable as always!"

 Maddie exclaimed happily as she and mom looked us over. "So how'd you get rid of those Phantom freaks anyway you two?" Jack asked and Danny answered with "Easy, I just told them that our parents were the fearsome Fentons and (l/n)s, they freaked out, used their powers to patch us up and brought us home. Looks like you guys are pretty famous in the ghost community." 

"Aww shucks pal, it might seem like sunshine and butter toasted times but fame isn't all it's cracked up to be," Jack told us pulling my parents and Maddie closer to him. "Yeah, there is such a thing as too much attention," I said. Lancer wakes up in a bathroom stall and looks around. "W-where am I? I had the weirdest nightmare, dreamt that there were two of me. Ha! That's ridiculous, when they made me they broke the mold me: Mr. Lancer!" He exclaimed, looking in the mirror when he heard a bunch of screams, and turned around to find himself in the ladies' room earning himself a beatdown from the ladies. "I don't need this kind of attention!"