The Ultimate Enemy: Part 11

Dark Danny gives a nod to Dark (y/n) and she creates an invisible clone that flies out and knocks Jazz out before she could turn on the Fenton Peeler. She falls to the ground and the clone starts to drag her away. "Well, that's Vlad for ya. Subtle as a flying mallet." I say putting my hands on my hips as we look at the giant purple football. We push it out of the way to see the portal. "So...I'm guessing you've had time to think?" I ask rubbing the nape of my neck as I glance up to see him biting his lower lip in nervousness while scrunching his eyebrows together. If he was being honest Danny didn't know what to say. "We- We need to talk about it," I say this time biting my lip in nervousness.

Danny lets out a small sigh as he nods, his eye-catching a flattened rock floating not to far away from the portal. He flies down, gesturing for me to follow and we both sat down, legs dangling on the edge. "So," Danny started, we're going to use so a lot aren't we?

 "(y/n), you have ghost powers." "Yep," I say popping the P at the end while tapping my fingers on the rock. We fall into an awkward silence; this was off to a great start..."I need to see it," Danny suddenly breaks the silence staring at me intently. "Huh?" "I need to see it. I need to see you transform...Please." "I..." I start to say quickly thinking it over before letting out a huff telling him "Okay."

I stand up and face Danny as he stands up too, staring at me intently as I detransform. "Guess you know what I was gonna tell you Saturday," I mutter when suddenly Danny rushes up and hugs me detransforming in the process. "I thought you'd be upset that it was me..." "Be upset?! How could I?! If anything I'm glad it was you! I should be the one worried if you're upset with my identity," Danny tells me pulling away from the hug, resting his hands on my shoulders. "No! I couldn't be upset that you're Phantom! To be honest, I've known that you were Phantom since the school dance," I state rubbing the nape of my neck as Danny's eyes widen. "What? How?!" He asked shock written all over his face. "Remember when Sam turned into that dragon and you said you would take care of it? Yeah, there was no way I was gonna let you fight alone, and when I peeked into the bathroom...I saw you transform."

"Well, this explains a lot," Danny said and I let out a slight chuckle. "Like how I'm always there?" "Yeah, but there's still one thing bothering me: how come you never told me sooner?" He asked, turning to face me again, a look of hurt on his face. "I...I didn't tell you at first because I barely knew you guys and then afterward I didn't want you to try and convince me not to help, you shouldn't have to fight alone!"

I started to say, soon continuing. "But there was also that idea that you'd hate me once you figured out, I guess I let that get the better of me," I say sitting down again, one leg dangling, the other I had pulled up and was resting my forehead on.

"(y/n) I could never hate you...Far from it actually," He told me as he grabbed my hands, helping me to my feet, a light shade of pink dusting his cheeks. A small smile spreads across my lips as I stare up at my boyfriend; soon kissing him on the cheek stating " Thank you...I needed that. Now then, now that that's settled c'mon we've still got things to do."

A wide smile spread across his face as the two of us went ghost and flew through the portal. We land on the hard ground and look around to see the old destroyed lab with a bunch of Packer souvenirs. "Come to kick a defenseless old man while he's down?" Vlad's voice rings out; he sounded tired. We turn to face the chair where we had heard him as Danny asks "Defenseless? Old?" We walk up to the chair as Vlad turns around, he was in his usual suit but it was beaten up and torn in some spots, he had no shoes on, and he had let his hair out, it had reached his shoulder to match his beard.

 "Man, what happened to you?" Danny so asks after seeing him and he answers with his own question. " I could ask you the very same question my boy, all though perhaps I should ask what hasn't happened to you...Yet."

"Do you know how Danny turned into Dark Danny?" I ask, Vlad, closing his eyes before he answered me. "If it's any consolation they went so quickly, they felt no pain, unfortunately, the same could not be said the same of you two," He started to explain as he handed us a news article that read Nasty Accidents for Fentons and friends. There was a picture of the destroyed Nasty Burger and under it a photo of me and Danny with the caption: The sole survivors.