Claw of the Wild: Part 1

"Summer camp! How great is this?! We can go hiking and canoeing and exploring! I can't believe only me, (y/n), and Logan is excited about this," Sam exclaims as we drove closer to the campsite. It had been about a month since the Nocturne incident and by now the boys knew Sam and me had a fight, we had told them they didn't need to worry about it and that some things had to be figured out before we could talk. 

Eventually, Sam had suggested we go camping for the Summer to get away from everything and just relax, though it did take some convincing for Danny and Tucker we had all agreed to go.

"Oh, I'm really excited, now instead of spending five days a week with these losers, I get to spend two whole months," Danny exclaims, crossing his arms and rolling his eyes. Surprisingly most of the class had wanted to come along for the trip or their parents forced them to come along. "I can't wait to show you all the wonders nature has to offer!" Sam continues to say, she was excited for this trip especially since she was planning to apologize to me during it.

"Does it offer a movie theater? Or a video arcade?" Danny asks looking out the window with a bored expression when Tucker leaned over his seat across from us and leaned over me to hand Danny a video game stating "Don't worry Danny, you bring the anti-venom serum, I'll bring the arcade, here's all the nature we need," Danny suddenly perks up with interest as he asks "Rain Forest Demolition II?! Oh sweet! Who wants to help me build the virtual Fenton Acers?" "I'll stick to the real thing thanks."

Sam says, her arm reaching over the seat as I hand her back the brochure she had given me. Sam and Logan were sitting behind me and Danny while Tuck sat across from us. Logan looked over Sam's shoulder reading the bolded words: Camp Skull And Cross Bones On Beautiful Lake Eerie.

A picture of a beautiful campsite was shown when I asked "Is that...The camp?" Sam and Logan look up to see the campsite look nothing like the brochure's picture, the water looked dirty, the plants were either dead or overgrown and the building looked run-down, unused in years, most likely rotting. "Good choice..." Tuck mutters as the school bus stops at the mess hall. "Well the brochure may be outdated but at least that sign is accurate," Danny mutters as we watch apart of the roof cave-in, the boards breaking. "Creepy with two Es alright, in fact, this may qualify for three," Tuck complains and I state "Well there's no going back, the bus just left," Everyone turns around to see the bus leaving in the distance.

"Come on guys, there's nothing scary about this place!" Sam interjects when Lancer's voice rings up and we look ahead to see him and Testlaff walk up. "Hello, pioneers!" The rest of the class gasped as Danny asked "Mr. Lancer? Ms. Testlaff? What are you doing here?" I hear all the students start to bg under their breath "Please just say passing through, please just say passing through, please just say passing through."

 "Children relax, for the next 8 weeks were not your teachers," Everyone sighs in relief. "Better. We're your counselors!" Everyone let out a gasp as Testlaff continues. "So our hold over you no longer stops at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, it lasts the whole entire live-long day." "Before I burst into tears at the thought of my lost Summer, can you tell us where the bathrooms are?" Mikey asks, met with a terrifying response. "There aren't any," Everyone gasps again. "Call of the Wild!" "Sack it up, Lancer, you're in the wilderness, all the world's your bathroom!" She tosses toilet paper to Nathan and he and Mikey head towards the woods. 

"I heard this camp is haunted." "Me too. They say there's a monster in the woods that Lake Eerie." "And two in the lake!" The students start to chatter as I roll my eyes, ghost stories already, really? "Just what we need, amateur ghost stories," I grumble, Danny, nodding his head when Testlaff blew her whistle, gaining everyone's attention.

"Pipe down campers! This camp is definitely not haunted!" Suddenly Mikey comes running up, screaming his head off. "AAAAHHHH! There's a ghost monster in the woods! And it took Lester!" Everyone gasps, once again at the news. "Calm down soldier! There are no monsters at this CAMP!" She shouts, after placing a blanket on Mikey's shoulders. "Tell that to the beast that just ate Lester!" Mikey says with a shiver. "Beast? How big is a beast compared to a monster? Anyone?"

 Lancer asks and I roll my eyes stating "We should check out the woods, we need to find Nathan, we can split up into two search parties-" "Negative. This camp is now under lockdown. Everyone report back to their cabins! Mr. Lancer and I will search for Lester's remains," I facepalm as the students start to freak out...Worst teachers, worst counselors ever.

"It's ok, we'll find Nathan, Lancer, and Testlaff won't ruin the whole Summer. We can still have fun," Sam says with a fake smile, her eye twitching, this is not what she had planned. "This can still be fun..." I mutter to myself sitting on my bed in the cabin, the other girl that came with us instantly went to bed while Star and Paulina gossiped while giving make-overs. "So he was like no way! And I was all like yes way!" "No way!" I overhear mumbling again "We're doomed," I look up to see Sam standing in front of me as she points towards the door asking "Can we talk?" I nod, getting up and we slip outside.