Chapter 11 - Ella

Ella

"Why are you moody and unhappy?" I asked a small smile on my face. I was still thinking of that kiss, why had he done it? He glared at me, was it something I'd done?

"I was going to wait till Monday to have this conversation with you, but here you are, looking like you belong in a vogue magazine, Princess." I opened my mouth, nothing came out.

"You look beautiful, Moon Pie." He kissed me again, a slight edge in his voice. "Thanks, I guess."

"You guess?" Oh he was fuming, "Is the moody and unhappy related to me?" My eyes were wide.

"What do you think, sweetheart?" I frowned.

"I think sarcasm is not my favorite tone.", "I'm sorry for the sarcasm." I nodded.

"Also, I don't know, I don't think I did anything out of the ordinary." I said

"Ella." He closed his eyes for a brief few seconds. Was he angry with me, why? He was dragging my name. That was never a good sign.

"Was it the coffee? Do you like it a different way?" My smile might have widened a bit.

"Ella, I swear to god, I am this fucking close to losing it. If you make one more joke or fucking quip about last night, I'm going to really lose my shit." His jaw was so clenched and stood out so prominently, I poked it. He did not find that amusing at all.

"You're really angry with me?" I sounded surprised. I was genuinely wondering what I could have possibly done. His eyes didn't thaw, he was still mad.

"Angry with you? For what? Especially, when you did nothing out of the ordinary?" I rolled my eyes. "I'm going to ignore the tone, Kai." He shook his head, he turned fully to face me, his hands were on my hips, and he was standing so close to me. I couldn't think. It seemed like sarcasm and anger were his default reactions.

"You left me."

"What?"

"You left and left me a fucking note? What the fuck, Ella?" Oh, he was mad. Here was the Kai I knew. I was still smiling. He was not impressed; I wasn't sure how to explain any of this to him.

One of the guys that had offered to buy us drinks stopped by. "Hey, is this guy bothering you?" oh no. My eyes widened. This was not a good time for this guy to come around. But it was so funny. Because I simply could not wrap my head around what was actually happening.

I wanted to laugh so hard, Kai didn't look like appreciated it one bit. I shook my head no at the guy and I covered my mouth with a hand. My wide smile peeking out behind my hand. "Are you enjoying yourself, baby girl, is this amusing you?" He asked, I shook my head no. "Oh no, I would never." But I was still smiling. He sighed, closing his eyes for another second, a smile peeked out the sides of his lips. He shook his head.

The guy tapped Kai on the shoulder. "Hey Man, I think you need to leave her alone." My eyes widened now to fear. Kai's face changed in a second, from humor to anger, like a flipped switch.

"Touch me again, mate, and your face is gonna look way worse than mine, and if you come near her again, I will graffiti this bar with whats left of your face." The dude's eyes went wide. He apologized and left - in a hurry. Kai pinched the bridge of his nose, turning back to me.

"Careful". I said pulling his hand away from his nose, his anger dissipated in a second he ran a finger across my cheek, he looked at me waiting.

I finally opened my mouth, sighing, "Don't be moody and upset." I said. He glared at me. "Upset? I'm not upset, I'm fucking furious, Ella."