Chapter 55 - Kai/Ella

I was sipping my scotch with Rosa, when she clipped clopped outside, she looked so fucking perfect. I was so stunned for a minute. Even Rosa stared and touched her hair. "Oh god, you look like a movie star," she said, Ella blushed, swatting at Rosa and poking her arm like she always did. I handed her my drink and she took a swig, making a face. "I still can't do neat scotch." She said hanging it back. She was texting while I finished my drink. I still stood in the kitchen starting at her. She was still my Ella, but she looked like a stranger. I couldn't process.

We finally left. she removed her heels in the car because she couldn't drive in them. And I noticed her toes were painted a dark red or was it black, I couldn't tell in this light. I didn't know I was a feet guy till I had seen hers, I loved sucking those toes. I'd even made her stand to sketch them out in different angles.

"Baby you're staring again." She said, "It's making me conscious."

"Ella, I can't. I just can't."

"I can change it back, Kai."

"No, I mean I loved it before and now, I'm... speechless. I did not think you could look any hotter." She laughed.

"You prefer blonds to brunettes?" She smiled.

"No, I really, actually don't. But, you as a blond is something else. Also, it's not even a blond, baby, it's white....I just can't.. It might have something to do with your perfect face..", "Kai stop." She would never be able to take a compliment. Her cheeks were pink and I wanted to bite them. But she was driving.

We got to the restaurant and she put on her shoes. Evans was waiting and she handed him the keys thanking him. He stared for a second and then smiled at her. Evans was just as dazzled. And I put my arm around her and we walked in to a huge noise, "yayyy, woo hooo....There he is..." everyone was here. Oh my god...I thought it was just us.

Ella was smiling, the whole geek gang from work and Rob. Who was sitting with James. WTF, when had this happened?The boys were here. I smiled, hugging all of them. Everyone asked how I was, and it was great to have me back. I said I was ok and walked around handing out hugs and kisses. I couldn't believe she'd planned this. I really did not deserve her and she'd planned this after I could stand, knowing I couldn't do this in a chair or with the fucking cane. Her thoughtfulness fucking blew me away.

"Where's Lala?" Rob asked, I frowned, confused. I looked back and she was talking to the bartender behind me. And they couldn't see her face, just the white hair. Oh, those legs in those shoes. Damn.

Rob was looking at me. I pointed a thumb back at her. And he was shaking his head. "Noooo, it's not. Did she? Come off it." He said. I only nodded.

Ella walked back to the table and everyone was gawking in disbelief. She hugged Michelle hard. Rob stood, with an o for a mouth. "Lala, oh my god, no fucking way, you can't, this isn't fair to the rest of us." He hugged her and kissed her making loud smacking noise. James was up hugging her, "Bellie you look so amazing you hot bitch." 

She hugged all the boys, who kissed her cheeks. Brig didn't let go. She laughed at him, while they whispered to each other. What the hell was that about? They were both smiling. Wasn't sure how I felt about her getting kissed all around. And she was fine with the boys touching her? I was surprised but glad she didn't have an issue with any of them. Brig was still holding her, chatting. What the hell?

"Wanna send some love my way, Mate?" I asked annoyed.

"Not unless you have boobs." He said back, not caring. Everyone laughed. He kissed Ella's cheek again. "Look like this every once in a while, Kai. You'll get so much fucking love from me." He said. Ella was laughing, walking back to me. So were the boys. I shook my head smiling. "Fucking prick." I said. They laughed more.