Chapter 79 - Ella/Kai

Ella

Rob had found the classiest chapel he could, which wasn't saying much but it was way better than most options. Kai was fine with it. Rob had knocked on the door at about 3 in the afternoon. I was still tired and sleepy. I could only imagine how tired Kai was. I had essentially made him carry me from one state to another. And he hadn't complained once. But he knew I couldn't deal. The thought of an airport straight up gave me a mental break down.

I was sorry Mare couldn't be here, I missed her and not having my twin at my own wedding seemed wrong. They needed my ring for size, I handed it over making an unhappy face at Kai, he laughed and promised to bring it back in one piece. The boys were still passed out. I didn't know what time they'd gone to bed.

I went out with Mel and Sofia to hunt for a dress, nothing in most of the boutiques caught my eye everything was either too lacy or poofy or too fitting and it just wasn't my thing. I finally found one an hour later, in a very posh boutique. It was almost the lightest grey verging on white but not white. Transparent lace top with some flower work on it. And Flowed down in a grey with a slit. I figured I looked anemic enough, I didn't want a stark white.

Mel and Sofia said it was perfect. I still felt like I needed Rob. I wished he was here. I sent him a picture asking what he thought, he said it was so stunning and don't pair it with anything. I said ok. So I didn't get a head piece. Or any of the add ons.

I was strangely getting on fine with both of them, maybe it was the day or like Kai said time. They hugged me and I returned it. Sofia and I waited outside chatting, because Mel said she had a surprise for me. I didn't ask what. She walked out with a bag in her hand. I was so fucking curious. But stayed quiet.

We hit the salon next and I only asked for waves and very light eye makeup. I got a deep purple lipstick on and had my nails done black. Kai would change in Rob's room and they would be there before us. Not that I was superstitious but I didn't want to start us off with bad luck. No matter how much I needed him. He would be mine all evening and for the rest of my life anyway, even if this hadn't happened.

We headed back and I had the biggest shock of my life. Mare was sitting on our bed. I ran over hugging her and she hugged me back, "Thought you'd get married without me? You selfish bitch."

I laughed. She said Kai had sent her a ticket last night for this morning. And she got special permission to be here for a day. She looked great. The resemblance was coming back. Mel smiled at both of us, and handed over the dress to her. "Mare, how are you here?"

"Can't have a fucking wedding without your damn maid of honor." she said. I introduced her to Sofia. Who gave her a warm hug.

I had asked Owen if he would walk me down the isle and he had said he wouldn't have any other way and got all misty again and I told him if he cried I would, he tried hard to pull it together. Rob sent over a few bottles of champagne to the room, to calm everyone's nerves.

Mare and Mel looked beautiful in their satin white dresses. Mare whistled at me when I put on mine. "Oh, Ellie, this is so you." she said.

I'd bought grey heels. The only green thing I had were my piercings, which I showed Mare, she was in shock. "Who are you?" she said, I grinned. "You fucking freak, I bet you're more rabid in bed than he is." she said. I laughed nodding, she shook her head at me grinning so hard. It was the best gift he could have ever given me. He was too thoughtful.

Brig was only too happy to have her here, I asked how that was going and she gave me raised brows, like animals she said. I laughed harder. I was glad he didn't care about her scars, just like Kai hadn't cared about mine.