Chapter - 36 - Ella

I woke up to the smell of pancakes, hmmm. I really didn't want to get out of bed.

"Stella, dear, breakfast." Rosa called. And I knew Kai had texted her. I smiled at his thoughtfulness. He was in hospital and still he had called or texted Rosa to make sure I was ok. He was too thoughtful.

"Coming, I'm just going to freshen up." I yelled back down.

"Ok, don't take too long the pancakes are getting cold – blueberry." She said enticingly. I got out stretching. I picked up my phone and texted him, though I shouldn't be.

"Thank you for the pancakes, I love you, and I'll see you soon. Hope you're feeling ok. E"

"You're welcome, baby. You, ok?"

"Yes, I'm ok. Also stop, you're not supposed to be looking at your phone."

"You text me first."

"OK I'm sorry, no more texts. Radio silence."

"Noo, how will I get through my days here without hearing from you."

I didn't reply, he really did need to stay off screens. I went to brush my teeth instead and my phone chimed 3 times in the 5 minutes it look me to wash my face and brush out my hair. I was still in Kai's shirt but I didn't think it would faze Rosa.

I picked it back up. 2 from Kai and one from Smith letting me know the insurance was sorted and that it would be finalised on the day he was released from hospital. I texted him back thanking him, he said to call in case I needed anything else. I said I would. Another chime.

Baby? are you really not going to text me?

Ella... I can't just sit here, I need to see your face, NOW.

I hate radio silence and I am forever banning it when it comes to you. You are not allowed to go radio silent on me ever again.

I was just freshening up for my pancakes, don't be a big baby. I'm going to see you in less than an hour. I missed you last night.

I missed you, baby; I only fell asleep when they gave me something for it. Maybe I should order one of those Russian dolls and dress them up in your clothes, so it can keep me company in the night.

I see the surgery removed the tumor but didn't affect the gutter brain at all. smh.

hahaha

Also you mean your clothes

Ella, are you walking around in nothing but my shirts?

I'm always doing that.

wear sweats, please

no, we live on a farm Kai, who is going to see me?

I don't care

neither do I. love you baby, see you in a bit.

come now, forget the pancakes.

And disappoint Rosa? That's never going to happen. You know you now have visiting hours right; I can't stay with you all day.

I fucking hate this, when can I come home?

Ask the doc, if he makes his rounds before I get there, or I'll speak to him and find out.

Smith texted, the insurance is fine and will be sorted out on your last day there.

I don't care, stop dilly dallying and come show me your damn face.