Chapter 28 - Kai

Kai

Slow down on the drink, damn it! I put the drink away and chugged a whole bottle of water, "Ella, do you have any aspirin, baby?"

Like the fucking legend she was, she gave me two and a fresh bottle of water. I drank the tiny bottle down as well, leaning back and resting my head on the back rest with my eyes closed. I breathed deep. She touched my face, "You ok, Kai, what's wrong?" She sounded worried.

"I think I'm coming in for a migraine and I think I should stick with water now."

"Do you get them often? Do you want to leave?", "Every now and then, no, I'm alright, sweetheart." She got off my lap, I pulled her back, "I need the rest room." She said, "You want me to come with?" I asked not looking up eyes still closed.

"No, I'm fine." I pointed to my right toward the loo blindly, and she got up; I was so shameless, I only then opened my eyes and watched her backside all the way, till she turned the corner and vanished. Rob laughed at me. I showed him my finger, smiling. 

"You good? You tickled pink?" He asked. "Yeah chief, everything is fucking brilliant." I smirked.

He asked Steve to switch places and sat down next to me leaning so far down the seat his knees rested on the table.

"I had the most cracking time with her, Kai. She is the loveliest fucking queen I have ever met, nothing like any slag I ever pulled off your lap. She is fucking class." He said. I smiled, still leaning my head back, eyes closed. "I know, how'd a fucker like me get this lucky?" I was and wasn't surprised Rob loved her. It was impossible not to.

"Fuck knows. She hugged me." I turned to look at him, "She did?" He nodded smiling. Is that why he knew she was ok with him kissing her cheek?

"I noticed, she let you kiss her cheek? She normally doesn't like it." He nodded smiling. "I'm glad I don't trigger her. Also look, I want to just also tell you, I know she's had something happen to her. I won't ask what, ever, you know me, but I know."

"How'd you know?" I closed my eyes again, the pulsing lights hurt.

"You blind, Kai? No one, I mean no one that looks as good as she does is ever as nice or unaware as she is. She's had some bad shit happen to her, Kai. We fucked up one's care more, remember." I nodded. "I remember, bruv. And yeah, she's told me, it was pretty damn bad, Rob. The I'm speechless kinda bad... I still haven't wrapped my brain around it. I don't think I'll ever will be able to. I mean we thought we had shit, mate, hers is a hundred times worse." I said, Rob's eyes widened.

"Fucking knew it." He nodded sagely. "Damn it, she doesn't deserve this kinda shit. Don't you just hate it when shit happens to the best of us." I nodded knowing exactly.

"She wears fucking jammies to school and dresses like a complete slobby runway model in meltdown mode and she's still had half the school drooling over her for a year now, and she doesn't even see it or realise it or know about it, and now I know it's because of how broken she is, not because she was being a bitch."

"How the fuck do you even know this?" Was half the uni actually trying to get in Ella's slobby jammies?? Ha, that was never going to happen. To be fair I'd witnessed this first hand and she was in my clothes that day.

"I've made inquiries. Her so-called friend Troy wants her bad, he threw such a fit when he saw you leaving with her, he sent Nic to stop that from happening." Was that what that was?

"Dramatic." I said. "I did save her from a fire....while they stood there. She had a million missed calls from him." Rob nodded.

"K, let's just conservatively say most of the male population." Fuck. "Well, they can't have her." I said. He smiled an evil smile. I just laughed; my head was feeling a bit better but still not great.