Chapter 45 - Ella

Ella

I woke with a start, my phone chimed and I looked around for it but I couldn't find it, right, it was upstairs. Oh no, I had to be in class today. I had missed almost a week, I had so much catching up to do; but I wasn't looking forward to it, I didn't know what I would do if Troy was around.

Kai's arm was around me and I traced his tattoos. He mumbled. The clock on the dresser read 6:00 am. Ok, I had some time. I felt refreshed after sleeping almost an entire day. I stretched in his arms, the blanket was so warm, I turned and draped a leg over him, snuggling closer, his arm tightened on auto pilot, maybe I could sleep for a bit.

Rosa walked in, I almost jumped in the air. But she just smiled at me. Handing me my phone.

I smiled back, thanking her and putting a hand out from under the covers to take it.

"Breakfast, omelette and toast?"

I nodded against his chest, "Yum!! with cheese please.", she smiled and left. I knew Kai was supposed to eat soon and take his meds, I'd have to wake him up. But he looked pretty busted. I had fallen asleep before him. Maybe he'd stayed up over thinking everything, like he always did.

I checked my phone, it was Owen. What? he texted asking if I would like to have lunch with him. I thought about it for a bit, should I ask Kai?

I figured he would be ok with it, it was only Owen. And he was the only other relative I had save Mare. To be fair to him, he hadn't known anything and I couldn't be a bitch about it.

So, I responded with a sure, sounds great.

"Who's that?" Kai's sleepy voice roused me from my debate. I kissed his chest, "Mmmm, are you up to no good again?" he hugged me so hard while stretching himself out, I yelped. He grinned down at me and it only made him hug me harder, I bit his chest and he let go, rubbing the spot.

Still grinning, "It's Owen, he wants to have lunch, I said ok."

His eyes widened a bit more. "Why?', "hmm, because I actually like Owen, and he didn't know anything and he has been very supportive throughout, after finding out. And I don't want to alienate my only other family apart from Mare."

He was silent for a bit, "does that mean I'll be alone all day?" he asked. Oh no.

I kissed him again, "I have class and lunch and group. So, yes, I'll be out most of the day but I'll try to be back as soon as I can, ok?"

"Can't you just stay?"

"Kai, I've missed a whole week of school."

"Baby, they don't keep record of when you come and go, as long as you have the grades at the end of the year. This isn't an undergrad program."

"I know but I can't keep skipping ok. Please. I'll just go to history today. Ok? You big baby."

"I don't want you to go at all. I thought you'd stay here with me. I barely saw you all of yesterday."

"I'd say you saw all of me yesterday, and Rosa's making cheese omelettes and toast for brekky."

"Ella, stop changing the topic or trying to distract me with naked images of you. I don't want to be alone today." he was in a mood.

"Ok, I will just go to pick up the class notes from Lynch for the week, meet Owen for a cup of coffee, go to group and come back, just a few hours Kai. You'll be asleep with all your meds, I'll be back before you wake up." he didn't answer me. I looked up at him, "What? Will you be ok with that?"

He heaved a big sigh. "Ok, but if I wake up and you're not here, Ella, there will be consequences."

I grinned so hard, "Like what? Like dirty consequences or real serious consequences? Cuz if these so-called consequences are dirty, I might just be late, just to find out..." I wriggled my eyebrows and he burst out laughing and then turned and tickled me to death... I screamed so loud while laughing.