Chapter 63 - Kai

I felt shocked. I was angry and upset, why wasn't she getting it? Why was she taking this so easy, why was she talking like this about her own sister? This was like the shit with my mum all over again. She wasn't being serious at all. Was she so willing to lose her only sister? I couldn't stand anyone talking about Ella like this. I was glad I said bye or I would have ended up cussing her out.

"It's because she likes you." Ella said. She hadn't even turned around, how the hell did she know who I was texting and what was happening? She turned off the TV and turned to look at me, her braid flung to the front.

I folded my legs - gap in the middle, holding out my arms, making grabby fingers and she smiled the cutest smile and climbed into my lap, so I could put my hands around her perfect bottom and just fucking hold her. I leaned forward and kissed her. Fuck! The comfort of Ella in my lap was just bliss.

She pulled back looking down, playing with the strings of my sweat shorts. And it hit me, this is how that night started, this is exactly how we sat. She was scared to say whatever she was going to. Her long braid dangled at the waist, she was just so fucking beautiful. Fuck. I was so into this braided hair thing, Rosa did it for her when we had time in the morning while I watched and ate breakfast. 

I pulled her face up, she looked up but didn't meet my eyes. It was coming undone now, because of the number of times I had yanked on and roped it around my arm to pull her head back while I stood behind her.

"Ella? Babe?" She sighed.

"She's always been like this, Kai, don't take it personally, she'll text you within the hour apologizing. Don't worry, you haven't lost her. You're not going to." Is that what she thought? That I was upset about losing Mare? She was very mistaken.

"Ella, sweetheart, please, I don't care. I really don't. Please my love, don't be upset. I don't fucking care as long as you are here." She looked at me then, touching my face. She leaned forward kissing me, it was sweet and loving and long and so fucking tender and so unlike how we normally kissed. "I love you." She whispered, I mumbled it back. Then she pulled away.

"Baby, I'm not upset, Kai, I'm just telling you. I know what she might have said about me." I raised my eyebrows. She smiled shaking her head.

"You know I'm psychic?" She smiled. She could be. "You're on, one sip for every right answer." I said. She laughed. "You will be very drunk by the end of this." I shrugged.

"She said I was over reacting and being jealous and this wasn't even considered cheating. Did she say I'd never leave you? Even if you did cheat? Lemme see." She thought about it, I'd had about 4 sips so far and she was on fucking point. 

"She said I'd never been in a relationship before and she was being callous as hell and she either asked or hinted at wanting my ring? Did she say there was no hurry to apologise to me? Did she say I was being dramatic and jealous? She said you wouldn't lose me no matter what you did? Then she got pissed off with you like a girlfriend would and told you she didn't want to see you."

"How'd I do?" She smirked. I bottoms up two pints.

What on gods green earth was happening? My face must have showed how stunned I was. She kissed it. But she looked sad.

"Ella?" I couldn't speak for a full minute from lack of brain function. "Baby, I don't know what's happening here, but please, please believe me I don't care. You're the only person that matters to me ok."

"I know, babe, I'm just telling you I know Mare, I'm not upset, Kai. Baby, I know her as well as I know you and I don't want you to be upset at how she reacted to your texts." Bloody hell, maybe she was fucking psychic.