Chapter 53 - Kai

Kai

"Ella seem off to you?" I asked Rob, he nodded. "Yeah, something's off. I tried asking her but she didn't answer. What did you do?" He didn't look happy with me.

"Why are you assuming I did something!"

"That's usually the case." Yeah, he was right.

What the hell was going on in her head. She had taken a fucking SOS. I was pissed. I could feel her shake under me for a second before she announced she needed to use the loo.

Had the whole Noah thing affected her that much? Was that a trigger and I hadn't paid attention to it? I racked my brain but couldn't understand why she was in a mood. She was too silent.

We got home, our car, was there before us. Of course it was, she drove like a crazy person. Maybe, I would just give this one to her and get a different one when I could drive.

When we went in, the back door was already open. Rosa popped her head out the kitchen and smiled at us... "I'm setting out drinks and dinner, James is playing for us." What?

I walked into our room to change; to remove my shoes and change into a clean shirt. I left the one I wore on the bed, Ella usually slept in them. I realised I'd left my phone on the table. I had forgotten my watch as well; I'd left in a hurry when she hadn't answered my texts. I picked it up, heading into the loo. I had four texts from her. What the Fuck!!!

Baby, I'm so so so sorry, please don't be mad. I just got over excited about seeing James, I haven't seen him in years but I should have explained before. And I shouldn't have let him hug me like that. Kai, I'm sorry. It won't ever happen again. I love you. E

Kai, baby, please don't be mad, please I'm sorry, Kai. About Noah and James and everything. I should have listened. please, Kai.

Kai, please, please...tell me what to do to make this better, please don't ignore me. I'll do anything. I'm so sorry, Baby. Please. I'm begging you, Kai.

Kai, please are you going to ignore me all evening as well? Please Kai, I don't think I can take any more of this. I said I was sorry. Do you want me to play to you, just to show you how sorry I am?

OH NO.NO. Fuck no. Oh my god, I was going to throw up. I felt sick to my fucking stomach. Fucking hell. I just wanted to break the phone. Everything fucking made sense now, she didn't know I forgot my phone. I hadn't even told her and she was texting me because we were in separate cars and she thought I was ignoring her. And I had just left her and gone and sat next to Mare all afternoon fucking around while she stood alone wondering why I hadn't texted her back or why I was ignoring her. oh fuck no. She would play for me to show me how sorry she was? Jesus. NO

No. No, I almost jumped up and ran out the loo, and I found her sitting down by the dresser. Had she been sitting here the whole time? Her Violin was out of its box and leaning on the dresser. No. I could not let this happen. What was she doing? I felt like shit.

"Ella?" She looked up her face was tear stained. I sat down on the floor across her leaning on the bed. I asked with my hands for her to come, she crawled to me without a word sitting in my lap. I put my arms around her.

"What are you doing, baby?"  I kissed her head.

She sighed, "Working up the courage to play."

"Why, baby?"

She shrugged.

"Ella, baby, I wasn't ignoring you. You don't have to show me anything because you have nothing to be sorry for, it was just a huge misunderstanding. I left my phone at home in a rush to get to school, when you didn't answer my texts."