Chapter 83 - Ella/Kai

I was feeling surreal. I remembered ever second of being on that floor thinking Kai was going to be upset and break something if I died, and I hope I wasn't dying, because I would be devastated and so would he. I had been in a coma for 5 months and he'd stayed with me the whole time? 

Plus the 3 months it had taken me to recover from the coma. That was nuts. I knew he was nuts but this was a whole other level. I felt so guilty. But I was so happy to see his green eyes when I woke up. I knew those eyes and that face I knew the feel of his hands. And I knew those lips when they kissed me. And I wanted to kiss him so bad but I was so fucking tired. I felt so terrible for him. I was so happy to see Rob. He was a mess and blamed himself and I had to keep telling him it wasn't his fault. He finally believed it. Mare, Mel and Owen had only visited.

I figured I knew who my real family was. Though I knew they had jobs and what would be the point of visiting a comatose girl. But somewhere in me I had hoped Mare would have stayed because this was all for her and after what she'd said to me at the wedding, but apparently she had gone back to being who she was. Everything was always for her. All the time and I couldn't do it anymore. I couldn't put Kai through this anymore. 

I was thrilled to know I could travel in a few weeks. Then we'd be gone. Owen told me it was Warren and he'd been arrested and was pending trial. I cursed wanting to kill the shit out of him, the useless fuck. Owen mirrored my sentiment, as did Kai. Mare had cried a few times I'd been told but it didn't bother or affect me. She hadn't thanked me or apologised for anything. And I was done with that. She and Brig hadn't worked out because she was too herself for him. And he was upset she didn't feel any remorse for anything ever. We talked a lot. Brig came in more often than anyone else except Rob. He was mostly busy with work and we chatted about it a lot.

The boys couldn't believe I was ok and awake and talking. Let alone smiling. But I was done with this place, so I had nothing to not smile for. I was leaving. I'd never ever have to be back here, hopefully. Kai had promised me, we would never be back and I believed him. Him and Rob were done here as well. It was too traumatising. How much more could we go through? Damn it. I think this was the end of the fucking line. I couldn't do or deal anymore.

Kai had shown me pictures of our house and I had smiled so wide and hugged him, it was so so beautiful. I couldn't wait to be there, anywhere away from here. I didn't want to meet anyone else but I knew I'd have to say hi to people worried about me. Now that that was done, I was happy to be alone with him. I knew he missed me.

I had lost too much weight, I looked like a stick, I needed to go back to eating. I was upset about it, I knew Kai was as well. There was no way he'd want me to look like this. Fuck, the thought hit me like a brick, I had spent more than half a year in the fucking hospital. Again. Shit.

I was lying down on his lap in the back of the car. He'd brought me his sweats and sunglasses. Kai didn't bother with a wheelchair, he just carried me out. I monkey clung to him, resting my head on his shoulders. I was almost falling asleep. I was always tired. My head was heavy. Evans was so happy to see me, he was teary, I pinched his cheek. He smiled saying it was good to have me back, I said I was glad to be back.

Rosa had made the decision to move with us. She'd apparently asked Kai for a month off every year to come back and visit her family, he said she could have two if she wanted. Smith had worked out her paper work. So, she would move a bit after us. With Rob who was still sorting out Paris. The office there was ready and people were hired and it was on the go already. He would work there for a few months and then move to Norway but the commute was ok, it was only a 4-hour flight, he could be with us every weekend.

We wouldn't move for a few more weeks, the air pressure wasn't good for my brain apparently. I was ok with that. Kai carried me through the front door and I sighed at being back home. Fuck I'd missed home. He smiled looking down at me. "Welcome home, baby girl." I smiled hugging him tighter. I kissed his cheek. Not that my arms had any energy but he got it.