Chapter 52 - Ella

I knew Kai was upset; I should have thought about my approach a bit more before going across the street to hug him like a fucking lunatic. Damn it.

I hadn't even given him an explanation, he must have wondered if I'd finally lost my shit. And after the whole kissing thing with Noah, oh fuck.

Baby, I'm so so so sorry, please don't be mad. I just got over excited about seeing James, I should have explained before. And I shouldn't have let him hug me like that. Kai, I'm sorry. It won't ever happen again. I love you. E

I waited while James and I walked to the car. I clicked the beeper to open the doors. He whistled at the black rover.

"Don't get excited, it's Kai's. I'm just driving it till I get a new one." I said.

"Oh my god, what, he just gave you his expensive fucking car?"

"Jam, he's just had brain surgery, he had a tumor. He's ok now. but he isn't allowed to drive for 4-6 weeks, that's why he has the cane. He's been in a wheelchair for 3 weeks now."

"Oh my god, that's fucked up, Bellie.." He covered his mouth.

"I know. It's been a long ass fucking story."

"Look at you cussing like a sailor, I love it. Are you still at Mel's?"

"No, we live together. At his place." I said still looking at my phone waiting for a text to manifest. Damn it. Damn it.

"Wait a second, hold this cup of what the fuck are you saying? You're living in with that hot mess? Omg Bellie. Fuck!!!!!"

I smiled nodding. "I know. I can't believe it sometimes."

We put his cello in the boot. And I still hadn't heard back from him. He was massively pissed. And I knew I had made a huge mistake. If he had run off to twirl a girl, in the air and hugged and kissed her in front of me, I would have lost it. I would have walked away and not looked back. Even If I didn't know she was gay.

Kai, baby, please don't be mad, please I'm sorry, Kai. About Noah and James and everything. I should have listened. Please, Kai.

Nothing, ok, ok. I would have to find another way to make this up to him.

"You applying to go here?" I asked, backing the car up.

"No, I fucking got in. I start next semester. It was a big leap, but I wasn't feeling LA and London didn't get back."

"Oh, I'm so fucking happy for you, Jam."

"Now, Bells, tell me about the brother. I mean he is totally gay right? My gaydar can't be that off."

I laughed.

"I'm saying nothing, except he is my best friend and though they aren't related, they are like brothers and if you hurt him, Jam, I will kill you."

"Message received. But I can try? I mean the guy is a walking Henry Cavill, less buff but still, droool." I laughed.

"That's what I said." I shook my head.

"How long have you and Kai been together?"

"About 3 months now."

"What? It's a baby relationship? And you're driving his car? And living together?" I nodded.

"Too fast???? I don't have any references here, Jam, I'm walking blind."

"Normally yeah, but if it's working then it's working. Don't worry about it, Bellie. You deserve this." I nodded.

We stopped at a light and I texted him out of pure desperation

Kai, please, please...tell me what to do to make this better, please don't ignore me. I'll do anything. I'm so sorry, Baby. Please.