Chapter 33 - Ella

The morning duty nurse found us in a state the next morning. We were both tangled up in each other. She blushed so hard and mumbled something about being back in 5 minutes. She practically ran out the room.

Kai was still fast asleep; I woke up and tried to straighten myself. But his arm refused to budge.

I had slept well, just not enough. And I needed the bathroom and I needed to have a shower. I felt like I had to wash off the previous day or I would just crumble. I was upset he saw the texts from Sofia. I didn't care, about him going through my phone.

I showed him all the lewd texts Mare sent me about him and he would laugh, like I had seen all of Ashlyn's texts to him yesterday; but I hadn't wanted him to see the texts from Sofia. I should have deleted it, but he was having a nightmare and I forgot all about it. So, I said nothing. Except now I didn't have a phone. I saw it lying sadly dead against the wall.

I squirmed and slithered out of his arms. And went to the loo. I straightened my hair as much as I could, which was good enough and I brushed my teeth, with a bare brush because I had forgotten toothpaste.

I returned to the room and cleaned up the bed a bit, it looked like we'd had sex in it. I picked up my broken phone to see what the damage was, it was deader than dead and I needed a new one.

I had to tell Kai I needed to go home and then come back. I'd have to wait till I spoke to Dr. Mathews. I also had missed group last week and couldn't miss another.

I sat on the chair trying to figure my day out. Kai groaned and reached out, I gave him my hand.

"Why are you out of bed?"

"Because this is a hospital, not our house and the nurse will be here in 5." He was such a child sometimes.

"Come back." He patted the bed. "No." I couldn't explain why I was in a mood, I was annoyed and just out of it. Probbaly because of his mother. She really had been quite rude. Why? I hadn't said anything to her. i hadn't done anything.

His eyes finally opened and he straightened up, "Ella, what's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Ella"

"You broke my phone and I want to go home and change and shower and I need to pack a few more clothes for tonight and I have group which I can't miss and I'm feeling very stressed and moody." I finished.

"Come here, baby." "No."

"Pretty please, baby, just sit next to me." 

"I am sitting next to you."

"Oh, you are very moody today." I nodded. "Please." He said again, I didn't want to upset him so I got up from the chair and sat next to him on the bed. He pulled me closer.

"Are you upset about Mum? I'll talk to her, Ella. I'm sorry." I shook my head.

"No, it's not that. I don't know I can't explain it. I'm just out of it." I said.

"Maybe you're getting your period?" He asked. I froze. Shaking my head eventually. Oh God why today?

"Ella, what?"

"Nothing, can we let it go?"

"No, we cannot. Tell me why you froze, Ella."

"Can we talk about this later, and when you're back home and fine?"

"NO. Tell me now." He sat up, holding me.

"It's just going to upset you again."

"I don't care, you will tell me now, Ella, I swear to god I'm goi.."