c 48

Chapter 48 Human Nature 1 (1/3)

Previous Chapter   ←   Chapter List   →    Correction on the next page

No points are required, and each person can receive two per day with their identity card.

As for the taste, it is woody, slightly bitter, astringent, not much water. When eaten raw, it feels like chewing on iron lumps. When eaten cooked, it pierces the mouth, like chewing wood chips. It is a bit nutritious, but not much, and makes you feel full. Very strong.

Eat a potato or sweet potato and you won't feel hungry all day long. Thinking about it at this time, oh my god, sand scorpions are simply a rare delicacy, okay?

In the northeast corner of the shelter in the evening, few people pass by during the day.

"Here, the one who just died is still warm." Wang Daqing dragged a large woven bag and handed it to the person opposite.

Li Tao opened the woven bag, took a look, and threw the bag in his hand to Wang Daqing.

Wang Daqing raised his hand to take the bag and opened a corner, and the fragrance of rice came out.

He tied his pocket tightly and carried it in his arms, covering it tightly. He glanced at Li Tao again, moved his lips, and finally said nothing and walked away with his back hunched over.

Li Tao picked up the bag and walked back. It's only been a while, and the meat in the bag has frozen hard.

Wang Daqing returned to his home and closed the door. Then he took out the rice from his arms and handed it to Zhao Yunxia, ​​"Just change these. You put them away and occasionally cook something for your son to satisfy his craving." He sighed, Just go to the fire to warm yourself.

It was purely an accident that Wang Daqing met Li Tao.

When it was extremely hot, their whole family hid in the air-raid shelter, next door to Li Tao and his friends.

Li Tao observed his family for a long time and found that sons were favored over daughters. The boy lay in the air-raid shelter every day and never went out to catch sand scorpions.

On the other hand, girls go out with others every day. The scorpion stung her hand like a steamed bun, but the old woman didn't feel any distress at all. She beat and scolded the girl every day.

One night, on his way back to the air-raid shelter after changing into Sand Scorpions, Wang Daqing was blocked by Li Tao at a corner.

"I see that your daughter is like this every day, and her body can't last much longer. I know a person who specializes in collecting corpses, and he can exchange half a bag of rice for it. If you need it, you can come to me." Wang Daqing even looked at it after hearing this. Li Tao glanced at him, said nothing, nodded and left.

This morning, the child didn't get up to cook for the family, so Zhao Yunxia picked him up and slapped him several times. The force was too strong, and the girl lost her balance. When she stepped back, she tripped over a piece of wood on the ground and lay on her side for a long time without getting up.

It was impossible to expect Zhao Yunxia to help her child up and take care of her, let alone her own son.

Previous Chapter   ←   Chapter List   →      Bookmark next page

top

All novels on this site are reprinted works, and all chapters are uploaded by netizens. They are reprinted on this site just to promote the book so that more readers can appreciate it.