c 77

Chapter 77 Return (1/3)

Previous Chapter   ←   Chapter List   →    Correction on the next page

The clothes were in tatters due to the acid rain.

The bodies of several of the deceased were covered in pits and bruises, their wounds were covered in blue and white, and their scalps fell off in pieces, exposing their skulls and half of the yellow and white brain inside. Only a small piece of the eye remained, sunken in the socket. There were too many exposed bones all over the body. The feet, calves, and even the belly were corroded and collapsed, and the ribs and flesh were separated.

After just one glance, Wen Nuan didn't dare to look again. It was too miserable. The acid rain was so terrible. Luo Qing sent people to carry out the deceased and cremate them.

I couldn't even lift it, so I had to put it in a woven bag and pick it up bit by bit. The troops have protective clothing and gas masks, but not many. It is impossible to distribute them to so many survivors. It is not enough. Luo Qing still knew the principle of not worrying about scarcity but about inequality.

The afternoon sun is more poisonous, which dissipates the smell of corrosion. Although it has not completely dissipated, it is much better than in the morning.

Some of the thick fog illuminated by the sun dissipated, and the rest was still floating on the ground and in the air.

It rained heavily again just one day later.

It's normal rain.

The survivors were frightened by the acid rain two days ago, and no one dared to go out. It’s normal rain now, but who knows if it won’t rain again in a while?

Heavy rain fell intermittently for three days, washing away the dilapidated houses and land left behind by the acid rain.

Wen Nuan saw that it was normal rain, so he took out the basins and buckets in the space early to catch the rainwater, and kept them for later use.

The land that has been watered by acid rain is no longer suitable for growing vegetables. The soil is too corrosive and seeds cannot germinate at all.

Fortunately, it rained heavily for several days in a row, which washed away the land. The vegetables did not grow well either, turning yellow and wilting.

Even if it doesn’t grow well, it’s okay to plant it. Having something to eat is better than nothing. Fortunately, most of the survivors have food surplus at home. Even without government relief, they will not starve to death.

When Nuan Nuan saw Cheng Xiyan again, it was already the end of February.

In the afternoon, she took her four little ones out for a walk, so she stayed a little far away from the shelter.

Xiaohua squatted on Kio's head as usual. It doesn't even bother to fly if it can hitch a ride.

Chapter 77 Return (2/3)

Previous page   ←   Chapter Table of Contents   →    Correction on the next page

Xiaobai even ran ahead happily.

After a month of getting along, Xiao Hei has improved a lot. At least he won't grin when he sees many humans, and he won't be so defensive about Wen's father and mother.

Although he is still a little thin, he is definitely not skinny. The injured hind leg has long since healed, and hair has begun to grow on the wound.

The fur is no longer rough, it is smooth and shiny, and he follows the warm body with steady steps. Lazy and dangerous, this is the spirit of a king. Xiaobai, that’s just Erha, an alien among tigers.