22

it's been about a week since I saw Diego leave in the parking lot. everyday since then, I've been avoiding dinner so I didn't have to go to visitation. just so I wouldn't keep getting my hopes up.

I was sitting at the table, reading one of my books when someone sat down in the chair in front of me. 

"good afternoon sunshine, what a beautiful day today huh?" sam said as he smiled, as if nothing was wrong at all. as if everything in the world was alright. 

"I wouldn't know. I haven't eaten today so I haven't got to look to the windows." 

"oh sweetie, come on, come to dinner atleast.  I heard theres going to be pumpkin pie and we get to actually eat it with forks if we want." he smiles.  we aren't allowed to use forks here because we could "hurt" ourselves. which is stupid. 

"fine.but ill go for the pie but I don't want to be there for visitations." I smile. 

" good. now lets go." 

we headed to the cafeteria and got our food. 

we sat down at the same table I was sitting at before. right when I saw Diego leave about a week ago.

"visitation hours are here!!!" the guy yells opening up the door. letting in all the parents.

"great. ill see ya later." I went to get up from the table when sam grabbed my wrist. 

"what are you doing!" i yelled trying to get out of his grip. 

"sit down...let me talk to you for a second." sam whispers. 

I sat down and listened. 

" so that one guy Diego, was that his name? anyway, he came to see you yesterday. but you didn't even go to dinner. you didn't even see him. and I'm guessing he's your boyfriend because he was so upset when I told him you weren't coming to dinner anymore because of visitation. he told me to convince you to stay. so sit your ass down and fucking wait for him" he said, at first looking upset but then smiled. 

me and sam waited and waited but Diego never showed up. 

"maybe he just gave up on me.." I say with a tear streaming down my face. 

"oh dont cry gorgeous. you still have 30 minutes for him to get here." sam smiled grabbing my hand. 

I started to play with the edges of my napkin I had left over from dinner when I heard a familiar voice behind me. I froze. my heart pounding out of my chest. I feel as if it was ready to burst.

"madeline.." his voice was so soft, so soothing, and made me feel so calm. then it hit me. that same feeling of love I was talking about just a week ago in group hit me. I love him. I love everything about the guy I know, thats standing right behind me. 

I slowly turn around in my seat and look up at his eyes, they look as if he's been crying for ages and or hasn't slept in forever. 

"Diego.." I whisper with a tear rolling down my face.

HEY GUYS I HOPE YALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!! I WIL UPDATE ATLEAST ONE OR TWO CHAPTERS TOMORROW SO BE READY !! I LOVE ALL MY SUPPORTERS AND DAILY READERS! <3 what do y'all think of the book so far ? let me know down below !