68

" and you wonder why I'm not getting back together with you..." I say as I get up. 

I turn around and see a tall, brunette girl, setting roses up around the room. 

and then Diego walks in " blue or purple?" he asks her smiling, holding two sweatshirts. the girl gives him a frightening look, then Diego slowly turns his head looking at me. 

" madeline!" he yells throwing the hoodies to the side. 

" I swear , its not what it fucking looks like." he says, sounding so apologetic. 

" THEN WHAT IS IT!" I yell. 

" I work the flower shop on the boat. he asked  me to help him bring over 10 dozen fucking bouquets of roses. then he asked me to help set them up around the room.... for you.." the girl whispers.

" then what was up with the sweatshirts." I say defensive. 

" I WAS ASKING HER WHICH ONE SHE THOUGHT YOU'D LIKE BEST!" he picks them up. 

" can you leave..." I ask the girl. 

"yes." 

she walks out the door and closes it quietly. 

" why are you doing this Madeline. why are choosing to not forgive me!!" he starts crying. 

" Im slowly killing myself, for every second you aren't with me, holding my hand, kissing me, smiling at me, BEING WITH ME !!" he yells. 

" you think I'm choosing this?" I ask in disgust. 

" YES! YOU ARE!"  he yells in my face. 

" WHY WOULD I CHOOSE TO LOSE WHAT I GOT?" I yell.

"im not loosing you without fighting for you first." he grabs my wrist, looking me into my eyes. 

" wanna know why I'm not forgiving you so easily? its the fact, you were thinking it was okay to cheat on me again, in the moment  I had just found out I lost my best friend, and your first thought was to cheat on me!" I break down. 

" madeline..." he cries. 

"please...." he begs. 

" and how do I know you won't do it again? YOU DONT LOVE ME"  i immediately cut him off.

" because if I didn't care and love you so much, I wouldn't be giving you all I have! I've never gone through the trouble of taking a girl across country just because she wanted to go camping, I've never spent over 10 fucking grand on a girl to take to fucking Costa Rica and get on a boat, NO. IVE NEVER FUCKING DID THAT FOR ANYONE !   SO DONT YOU DARE SAY I DONT LOVE YOU. YOU HAVE MADE ME FEEL EMOTIONS I DIDNT EVEN KNOW I HAD. YOU OPENED ME UP DURING TIMES I WANTED TO END IT. YOU. WERE THERE FOR ME, WHEN NO ONE ELSE WAS. I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU. AND IM SCARED THAT IF YOU LEAVE. I WILL NEVER. EVER. BE ABLE TO PICK MYSELF BACK UP." he falls against the wall and onto the floor crying, and sobbing. this was a totally different Diego.