138

Diegos POV

" can I um...please see Madeline..Madeline Rose." I stuttered. 

" we've already told you sir...we haven't heard anything.." the nurse behind the counter looked at me sounding very annoyed.  

I don't know what happened. we were arguing...and after she yelled at me, I watched her as her knees buckled beneath her and she fell. I thought she was just crying...but after calling her name a few times and she wasn't responding...I started freaking out. then thats when I saw the blood. she fell down hitting her head pretty hard..I was scared..I had no idea what to do at that point..

"Diego come on. sit down." my mom said as she walked me to the waiting room. 

"I don't understand...what happened..." I started to cry on my moms shoulder. 

" son, its probably just from all the stress she was under.. she's pregnant..she's had a past of anxiety and depression...it was all just too much for her to handle at once... calm down okay? she'll be fine..the baby will be fine.." she reassured me. 

"but mom...what if its more serious than this..." I pouted. 

"this is all my fault..."I continued as I dropped my head in my lap. 

" Diego leanos. this is not your fault.  don't ever think that low of yourself for a girl..no matter how gorgeous she is." my mom was trying her best to lighten the mood...but all i could think of was madeline...

"family of madeline rose?" a nurse walked into the private waiting room.
" thats me." i stood up quickly, eager to see her.

"whats your relation to the patient?" she looks at me wih an unsure look.

"hes her fucking fiancé. now take the boy back there before he goes nuts." my mom answered for me.

"alright...follow me." she lead me down a long, hallway filled with coughs, cries and goodbyes.

"i-is she okay...?" i asked scared to hear the answer.

"oh honey, shes perfect." she smiled at me as we got in the elevator.

"what about the baby.." i mumbled.

"the baby is very healthy.... " she gave a sympathetic smile before the elevator stopped on the 3rd floor.

I exhaled feeling a sense of relief as we walked to a closed door room. 

" ill be back soon. enjoy." the nurse walked away leaving me alone In front of the door. 

"baby..?" I walked into the room as the dented lights flickered on. I heard Madeline groan as she Rolled over looking at me. 

"I have a massive headache..." she said while she slowly opened her eyes looking at me. 

"I bet so baby." I chuckled while walking over to the side of her bed. she gently leaned up rubbing her head. 

" be careful baby.. you got a few stitches.." I grabbed her hand leaving small delicate kisses against her skin. 

"baby we need to talk about something..."  I was worried to even hear her reaction. 

"what is it.." Madeline looked at me with sad eyes. 

"its about what you said earlier...about this being all my fault and stuff..." I looked down at her hand in mine.