178

Friday, the day before the wedding

Diegos POV

"are you nervous?" my mom straightens my tie. "nope." I take in a deep breath. my mom looks at me through the mirror and raises an eyebrow. "Okay. Yes. I'm fucking terrified." I say quickly. "Don't be, baby." my mom smiles before turning me around to look at her. "I love you to the moon and back and I'm so very proud of you and of everything you have accomplished. You found the woman of your dreams and look at you, you're fixing to marry her." My mothers words had me on the verge of tears. 

"Now. This suit looks fantastic on you! take it off so you dont ruin it for tomorrow." M mom patted me on the back before walking out of my room. 

Madelines POV

"Youre going to think he looks so handsome tomorrow!" Diegos mom walks out of the bedroom and into the living room. "i always think he looks handsome." i smile while setting my magazine down on the coffee table. 

"So, how are you liking the new house?" She asks me. 

"Oh i love it! its so spacious and its just... its amazing." i smile. 

"Thats good...thats good.. Well ill see you tomorrow! get some rest!" Diegos mom smiles before walking down the stairs. After i heard the front door shut, Diego walks out of the bedroom. 

"She leave yet?" he asks while shutting the bedroom door. "yep." i pick my magazine back up to continue reading. 

"good. now go get dressed.i want to take you out to dinner." he walks over to the couch and leans down to plant a kiss on my forehead. 

i stand up to go get dressed and i immediatly feel lightheaded. I start to stumble backwards and fall right back down on the couch. 

"Madeline!" Diego yells as he runs over to me. "Are you okay?" he grabs my hand and pulls me back up. 

"Im fine. i jsut got a little light headed. im fine. i probably just stood up too fast." i assure him. "okay...well, do you feel like going out or do you just want to stay home?" he asks. 

"no..baby i want to go. let me go get dressed, okay?" i smile while standing up much slower this time. "okay." he smiles while sitting down on the couch. Diego was already ready. He was wearing black jeans and a while T-shirt. 

i go to my closet and put on white skinny jeans and a black crop top. i walk out of the bedroom and Diego was on the phone. "im ready." i smile as i walk into the living room. 

"We'll talk about this later..." Diego mumbles into the phone beore turning to me and smiles. "Who were you on the phone with?" i ask. "No one important..." he walks over to me and drapes his arm around my shoulder. 

"lets go to dinner baby." he kisses the side of my head before walking me out ot the car. 

***

 "Stay here and let me go see if they got our reservation." Diego says as we pull into the parking lot. i smile and nod as he gets out the car. 

As i waited, i noticed he left his phone in the consol. "no one important my ass.." i whisper as i pick up his phone to look and see who he was talking too early. 

whoever it was, the number wasnt saved. So therefore, i decided to call it back. 

uknown number: hello? 

it was a girl. 

unknown number: Diego are we going to talk about this or not? this isnt right and you know it. 

I quickly hung up the phone when I saw Diego walking back to the car. I put his phone back where I found it and plastered a fake smile on my face. 

"Come on baby. They're ready for us." he opens my door for me and grabs my hand. 

"So Diego..." I say as we sit down at the table. "Yes baby?" he holds my hand from across the table as his eyes search the menu.

"Can you like look at me for a second?" I ask a little rudely. His eyes look up at me with concern filled in them. "What's wrong?" he raises an eyebrow. 

" I looked at your phone. and called that number back to see who it was because you seemed angry when you were on the phone with them.." I say quickly. Diegos hand remains gripping mine but he sighs and sits back in his chair. 

"I know it was wrong of me for going through your phone but..who is she? and what is it that you're doing that's not right?" I ask. I was feeling very emotional and I wasn't sure why. possibly from the stress that's engulfed me from this wedding..

"That girl was Jessica." he rubs his face with his other hand. 

"Your ex Jessica?" I asked. 

"Yes..She wants to come to the wedding but im not letting her. all she does is start shit and drama and I don't want her ruining our day, baby." he admits. 

"That's it?" I ask, feeling relieved. "yes princess. I promise." he kisses the top of my hand. 

"okay." I smiled while exhaling deeply. 

"So, what are you getting?" Diego asks as he continues to look at the menu. "I might just get parmesan smothered chicken" I say while putting the menu back down. 

"are you okay? You don't look so good.." Diego looks at me worriedly. "im fine. im just nervous for tomorrow." I smiled. 

"Don't be nervous...tomorrows your big day.." Diego grins while rubbing his thumb against the top of my hand. 

"Its your day too though..." I pouted. I hated how Diego was trying to make our wedding just about me and not him and I.

"I know.." he smiles faintly. The waitress brings us our food and a bottle of champagne, breaking the silence. 

"I love you Diego. With my whole heart." I say while looking into his eyes. 

"come on baby, lets eat. I love you more." he smirks.

!PLEASE READ BELOW!

HELLO EVERYONE... I know I haven't updated in gosh knows HOW long. but i was going through some things and I needed time off for a little while. BUT IM BACK!

 I hate to say this but the next chapter will unfortunately be the last chapter of this book !

BUT!! don't worry! I have three other books if you'd like to check them out! I have a brand new one called " On My Mind" and id love it if you'd check it out!

I will be choosing 5 lucky people to shout out at the end of this book! I will not only be shouting out those 5 people but I will also read any of your books that you'd like me to read and give feedback on!  

to enter the contest please go check out my new book "On My Mind" and comment how you feel about it! I will be choosing winners from the comments section on that book! 

Please excuse any grammar, spelling and punctuation errors!