71

madelines POV

"okay, parties over, get ya ass up. were gonna go get breakfast on the deck." Lucas slaps me with a pillow, waking me up from my dream. 

"okay." I groan. I get up looking into the mirror. 

"what the fuck is this!" I say, looking at myself. 

"I didn't even know my hair could stand up like that!" 

" oh wow you look great in the mornings!" Lucas says sarcastically while laughing.

I take a brush through my hair. 

"hey, I went to your room and grabbed you something to wear" Lucas says walking into the bathroom. 

he throws me my pink, floral dress.

"oh thanks, was Diego there?" I ask. 

"no. but the door was unlocked." he says, sounding disappointed. 

"come on!" he grabs my arm as we head to the top deck to the breakfast bar. the good thing about it was you had a beautiful view of the ocean. 

as we sat down, the waitress came to take our order. 

" what would you like?" she asks smiling. 

"pancakes and strawberries please. with orange juice." I politely say. 

"of course." she looks to Lucas he tells her to just give him his usual. 

then the same waitress came up to me and gave me a rose with my plate of food.

she didn't say anything, she just smiled. 

"uhm...thanks..." I say confused. 

then two more, normal, people came up giving me a rose. 

a pink rose. 

eventually, I had multiple handfuls of roses. 

" that dress is really workin for ya." Lucas smiles. 

then I heard music. 

a guitar and drums. 

I look over to the viewing deck, which is right by the breakfast bar, and Diego was standing in front a band of about 6 guys. he had a microphone hooked up to two big speakers. 

"what the hell.." I whisper. 

"come on. get up." Lucas pulls me out of my chair and sets me in the stool in front of Diego. Diego turns around and smiles. he had a sweatshirt with the first picture we took together on it. 

"hi." he says awkwardly in the microphone. 

everyone on the deck, turns around and looks our way. 

"wow. okay um.so" he starts, his face gets really red. 

I couldn't help but laugh. 

" madeline. im a dick. yes. I am... but, I was just a kid when I got my heartbroken for the first time. I was different. scared of everything, and what true love meant." he turns around and tells the band something, I couldn't hear him though. 

then music starts playing. 

 Austin Mahone, All I Ever Need instrumental starts playing. 

then Lucas runs up and takes the microphone from Diego. 

Lucas starts to sing every lyric, so  perfect. even Diego was shocked. 

"fuck, dude.." Diego chuckles. then he walks towards me and puts his hand out. 

"just one dance." he smiles. 

I take his hand and we start dancing, in front of everyone, to Lucas's bad ass vocals. 

he puts one hand on my waist and the other holds onto my hand as my other hand is resting on his shoulder, we start dancing. 

I felt no shame dancing with him in front of hundreds of people. 

I see a tear fall from Diego's eye. 

I smile and take my hand and and wipe it away for him. 

he spins me around, making me giggle. 

at the end of the song, Lucas motions for me to come up to him, he gives me a long hug. as I turned around. 

Diego was no longer standing. 

he was down on one knee. with a ring In his hand.