176

Madelines POV

Wednesday, 3 days before the wedding

"how are you feeling?" Diego walked into the bedroom with a cup of coffee in his hand.  "a little sore, but ill be alright." I smiled while leaning up on the bed.  "do you think you need to go to the doctors?" he sits down next to me on the bed. he hands me the cup of coffee and smiles before leaving a kiss on my forehead. 

"Baby, I'm fine. trust me. i just need to get out the house a little bit today. i need to stretch, i need sunlight." i laugh before letting out a yawn.  

"want to go do something?" Diego asks. 

"like what?" I raise an eyebrow. 

"let's go get ice cream or something." he shrugs his shoulders while taking the coffee cup out of my hand. he then grabs my hands and pulls me out of the bed. 

"can you stand?" he whispers as I wince the moment I put pressure on my leg. 

"yes. I'm just sore." I sigh. the pain started to make me feel highly aggravated. 

"here, get dressed and ill get you some painkillers." he smiles while easily letting go of my hands.  I make my way to the dresser and pull out a yellow dress. I slide off my pajamas and slide on my dress. 

"damn...if you look that good in three days in a dress...I'm going to be fucking crying my eyes out like a bitch." Diego walked in with two pills in his hand. I smile and roll my eyes at his comment before taking the pills from his hand.  I take the glass of water from his other hand and use it to wash down the dry pills. 

"can you smell my breath from there?" I joke while blowing air towards Diego's face. 

"god damn! take yo hot ass breath elsewhere!" he says sarcastically. 

I hit his shoulder before walking towards the bed to grab my phone off the side table. 

I hear Diego sigh loudly as I turn back around. "what are you sighing for?" I ask. "can Saturday come already?" he groans. 

his eyes travel up and down my body before his facial expressions changed drastically. 

"wheres your ring?" he asks. 

"what are you talking about?" I say. I look down at my left hand and I realize that my engagement ring was gone. 

"literally Madeline that's the second fucking ring I've gotten you." he sounded pissed. 

"I didn't ask you to get me a second one, now did I?" I say with a hint of attitude. 

My ring must've fallen off last night when everything went down in the parking lot. 

"I'm not mad, I'm just confused on why you took it off in the first place. dont get an attitude with me. I'll whoop yo ass." he tried sounding serious but I could tell he was joking. 

"I didn't take it off. it must've fallen off or something." i look around the room for the ring but i still couldn't find it. 

"i bet Danny took it without you knowing..." Diego mumbles. 

"can you stop? Danny saved me, and quite frankly I dont appreciate you saying stuff like that." i snap while digging in the pockets of the clothes I wore last night. 

Diego laughs and walks over towards the bed, looking under the sheets and under the pillow for my ring. 

"call him and see if he remembers seeing it fall or something." He sighs.