139

Madelines POV

"Diego....I know I said some things I didn't mean.... okay...I didn't mean any of that..." I said as I gave his hand a weak squeeze. 

"but princess...thats where your wrong.... it took me until now to realize this...our relationship....its so fucking toxic...its bad for the baby.its bad for your health and the babys health.." he said, I could see the tears glistened in his eyes. 

"Diego what are you saying..." I asked. I didn't know how to feel at this moment... I didn't know what I was supposed to feel.. 

"we need to call off the wedding.." he whispered while wiping a runaway tear from his cheek. 

"what...no... Diego...this. NO! this was just some stupid mishap Diego....its nothing! I'm leaving the hospital tonight!" I felt the tears swell up into my eyes. 

"you think this is easy for me??" he asked, his eyes were red from him trying to hold back the tears. I watched as his bottom lip quivered. 

"no... Diego..please.." I begged.  I couldn't hold the tears back any longer.. 

"and I think that we need to take a break from...being a thing.. we're still engaged...nothings changing except-" 

"nothing changing? are you fucking kidding me!! you're asking to call off the wedding, your saying we shouldn't be a thing! and you think nothings changing??" I asked. 

"baby girl stop..ple-please..." he said, holding my hand up to his lips. I could feel the tears stream down his face and onto my cold skin. 

" why are you doing this..." I asked, feeling so vulnerable.

"because I'm stressing you out!! and thats the last thing I want for you and the baby!!" he yelled through the cracking in his voice. 

"leaving me, right now, is going to cause so much stress you don't even know..." I looked at him in disgust. 

"you don't understand!  I'm doing whats best for you right now! why can't you just...listen to me.." he buried his head in his lap as he pulled away from my hand. 

"no Diego! I won't listen! because what you're saying right now, makes no fucking sense!!" I screamed. 

"ba-"

"get out...." I muttered. 

"what..?" he said, I could tell he was hurt. feeling devastated. 

"I said...GET OUT!!!" I screamed lastly before feeling dizzy again, causing me to pass out. 

Diegos POV

"momma...I don't know what happened..." I sobbed on my mothers shoulder as we waited in the waiting room.

"its okay...baby boy, its gonna be okay..everything is going to be just fine.." she wrapped her arms around me, holding me tightly. 

"whats wrong with her, momma... why does this keep happening..." I cried once more. 

" I don't know son..I don't know.." my mom tried her best to comfort me, but I could also hear the cracking in her voice the more I sobbed. 

"Diego Leanos, fiancé of Ms. Madeline Rose?" a nurse came out from behind the double doors, her face covered in complete pitty.

"thats me.." I managed to spit out through the tears. 

"please come with me...and is that your mother?" she asked, Pointing to my mom sitting in the chair behind me. I nodded as I motioned for my mom to get up. 

"can y'all follow me please.." she said blankly. 

"now, this isn't news I usually like to deliver without mural support." she looked at me as we got on the elevator. 

"wha-what is it.." I stuttered. 

" Madeline suffers from a disorder called vasovagal syncope. very common, but her case is more serious. its caused due to emotional distress... and given the circumstances of her passing out, twice tonight. she's under a lot of stress...which could also lead to the explanation of her loss.." she pursed her lips. 

"lo-loss? what do you mean..?" I asked. as we walked to her room. 

"Ms. Madeline Rose...um..it was just confirmed..she had a miscarriage.." 

I stopped in my tracks. I felt as if someone just stabbed me in the chest... I slowly backed up, suddenly feeling light headed as I leaned up against the wall outside of her room. I diligently slid down the wall, as I watched my vision get blurry from the tears forming in my eyes.

"Mr. Leanos.... Ms. Madeline could really use your support during a time like this.." the nurse kneeled down in front of me. 

"no...this isn't..this isn't happening..this is just a dream..I swear it is...no no no no.." I put my head in my hands. 

"baby get up...be a man...and go in there..." my mom bent down, looking me in the eyes. 

I nodded, while slowly standing up, walking into her room. 

her knees were pulled up to her chest. her face was porcelain white as her little strands of hair stuck to her face from the sweat and tears. her makeup was smudged around her eyes as her lipstick was already rubbed off. she looked lifeless, petrified, hopeless even... 

she didn't bother too look at me. 

"are you happy?" she asked, her eyes remaining on the floor as her upper lip twitched.

"baby..." I cried. 

"you're set free...you have no reason to stay in this engagement...you wanted out...well..your out" her lips curled in disgust. 

"Madeline thats not what I wanted at all...I wanted to give you space...you were stressed.." I sobbed. my heart ached at every word I spoke. 

"get out." she said blankly. with no emotions. 

"what.?" I whispered. feeling hurt, rejected....unwanted..

"get out Diego.." her eyes finally met mine. and thats when I saw it. I realized that this wasn't the same Madeline I fell in love with. don't get me wrong, I still loved her, I was still in love with her. but it wasn't the same girl. this girl was completely torn, lost..she was heartbroken..and I had no idea how to fix her. 

I looked up a random diagnosis for the whole disorder thing so please excuse me if its not quite right with the situation.