44

it was around 7 o'clock when the bus got back to the loading station. 

"so did you have fun?" Jake asked me as we got off the bus. 

"oh definitely!! I loved falling off the tube like seven times. oh especially hitting my head on that rock! that was the best part!" I said sarcastically while laughing. 

"your funny." Jake said smiling. 

"oh gosh. uhm no I'm not. I just make the best out of everything." I awkwardly laugh. 

"hey, I should totally get your number, we should hang out sometime!" Jake walked me to the car. 

"im not even from this side of the country. I'm from California." I say as I unlock the door. 

"me too." Jake smirks. 

"I also have a boyfriend." I scrunch up my face and giggle. 

"well. is he here in South Carolina with you.?" 

"yes."

"then why didn't he come tubing with you Madeline?" 

"because he's mad at me." 

"he sounds like a dick." he slipped me a piece of paper with his number on it. "and yes, I will respect the fact you have a boyfriend. just text me whenever." he smiles and walks away.

I head back to the campsite. 

as soon as I pull up, Diego gets out of the tent and puts on a sweatshirt. he had his hat and shoes on. when I get out the car, he immediately takes the keys out my hands and gets in the car. 

"hey! wait where are you going !!?" I yell. 

he starts to car and rolls down the window halfway. 

"you went and did what you wanted, so Ima go do whatever the fuck I wanna do. bye Madeline." he rolls up the window and speeds down the dirt road. 

I yell loudly. mad at myself. 

I walk down to the showers and get cleaned up. when I go back to the Campsie I decide to make a fire. 

I sit around the fire until about 9pm. 

I go into the tent and change into my pajamas. as I lay on the empty, mattress my mind takes over my thoughts... 

did I mess this up?

what if he's out cheating on me right now?

where is he...? 

what did I do wrong...

why am I crying right now..

I didn't realize I was crying until I felt the tears running down my cheek soaking my pillow. I'm like this for a good 45 minutes. then headlights pull up outside. 

I hear a door slam and I jump. 

I try to dry my tears in time but Diego walks in the tent before I could. 

"baby...." he says laying down next to me. 

'why are you crying..." he hugs me tightly. 

"were you out cheating on me.." I say in-between sobs. 

"what?? no. baby come out to the car and let me show you why I was gone." 

he pulls me up off the mattress and walks me out of the tent. he turns around and wipes my tears then he kisses my forehead. 

we walk out to the car and he opens the backseat. in the backseat laid dozens of roses tied with pink bows. then in the front seat was two tubs of icecream. 

"come on baby. let me make it up to you. I didn't mean to yell okay? lets eat two tubs of fucking ice-cream then cuddle in bed." he smiles pulling me into his brace. 

we get the ice-cream and roses. we set the roses all around the mattress inside the tent. then we cuddle in bed while eating the ice cream. 

"baby." Diego said while stuffing his face with cookie dough ice-cream. 

"what?" I smile.

"I love you."