97

1 week later

madelines POV

I had another gig tonight. It was at the same bar, Avenue Bar. 

( I came up with a random name lmao.)

lucas couldn't make it tonight. he said he had to move things into his new apartment. 

as I got on the stage, I felt relieved. 

tonight I was singing an oldie but Goldie. " Don't , Bryson Tiller." 

Diegos POV

I was going home today. 

I didn't know if Id be going home to a fiancé or not. 

no ones talked to her in a month. 

at least thats what the doctors said. 

"you ready? we gotta stop somewhere on the way." lucas walked in the door. 

"yeah." I slowly get up from the bed. 

lucas has been coming here for the past 3 days visiting me. he told me he hadn't heard from madeline in months either.

 but he was the only one who'd answer the phone.

he picked me up at night. he said it'd be easier. how? I don't know. and I didn't care. I wanted to go home.

lucas explained everything that happened to me. so I was thankful for that. 

as we were riding in the car. I smelt something familiar. 

" it smells like Madeline's perfume in here...id know because I bought it for her." I say quietly. 

not caring anymore at this point. 

" dude. I've had many girls in this car in the past few months. its probably just from one of them." he sounded anxious. 

"you right.." 

we pulled into a parking lot. 

"what the fuck are we doing at a Bar lucas? I WANNA GO HOME!" I yell. getting defensive. 

" shut the fuck up and trust me. you need few drinks." he smiles as he gets out the car. 

" no I need to go home and get some rest. im depressed! if you couldn't tell! id rather sit around and mope about the fact ill never be good enough for anyone  " I get out the car following him to the door like I was a lost puppy.