94

" MADELINE!" lucas yells. 

" what.." I groan in my sleepy voice. 

" IVE BEEN TRYING TO WAKE YOU UP FOR THE PAST 5 MINUTES. YOU FUCKING SCARED ME!" he yells. 

"I'm sorry..I was having...a nightmare or something...." I say. 

" I know. you were yelling.." he lowers his voice. 

" how long have I been asleep?" I ask, looking around my surroundings. 

I mustve fallen asleep in his car. 

" oh shit what time is it??" I ask looking for my phone. 

" its 10pm. I let you sleep for a little bit." he says smiling. 

we were still in the hospital parking lot. 

I smile and reach over the seat and give him a hug. he wraps his arms around me hugging me tightly.

"I'm going to stay out here, if you wanna go inside." he says. 

"okay." 

I walk inside the hospital and to the front desk. the lady recognizes me and gives me the 'okay' to go back to Diego's room. 

when I walk in, the lights were off. the only shining lights in the room were the lights of his monitor. beeping...beeping... and beeping. 

"I'm back baby.." I whisper. I know he couldn't hear me. but in order for me to be okay. I had to act like he could. 

" madeline....we need to talk to you..." three doctors walk into the room, looking concerned. 

" ill be back baby...I promise..." I kiss Diego on the forehead and walk towards the door. 

all three doctors look at each other as we walk a office. 

"take a seat." they point to a chair sitting in front of a desk. 

"whats going on?" I ask worried. 

" were just going to be honest okay?" one of the doctors say. 

"okay?"  I respond. 

they could say anything at this given moment. and id probably cry, no matter what it is. 

" Diego's dying. and we're not sure if he's even going to make it through the night." they all look at each other. 

" no..." I get up from my chair , whispering. 

" your all , a bunch of fucking low life, liars!" i go to walk out the door. 

" I told you she'd act like this..." I hear one of the doctors whisper before I ran out the door to Diego's hospital room.