163

Madeline's POV

"wha..what are you doing here?" i stuttered as i looked at Diego then back at Lucas. 

"Diego called me for support.." he said. 

"well..i dont want you here." i mumbled.

"Madeline." Diego snapped. 

"Diego, its fine... I just wanted to make sure. you were okay..." Lucas purses his lips while shoving his hands in the pockets of his black jeans.

"i hope you feel better soon..diego..hit me up sometime.. ill catch yall later," Lucas said before walking out of sight. 

"whats your problem Madeline?  he was just trying to be there for you? you were shot, Madeline! stop being so rude to the ones who are here for you!" Diego snapped at me before sighing and looking the other direction. 

"i didnt ask you nor for him to be here.." i muttered. 

"and i didnt ask you to fuck Danny, but yet you still did it huh?" he looks at me. 

i had nothing to say...because he was right. none of this would've happened if i would've never texted Danny back that one night. 

"im going to take a nap..im tired...can you just leave..?" i whispered. 

"wha-wh-...okay. yeah..." he stood up. 

"im just going to go get me some food i guess.." he pursed his lips before walking towards the door. 

"Madeline... I love you..." he looked at me with sad eyes. 

i nodded my head before turning on my side and closing my eyes. 

and it was in that moment...i didn't know what to feel anymore...

Diego's POV

"all she did was nod bro... she obviously doesnt feel the same about me anymore." I told Steven as we both grabbed a turkey sandwich from the shelf in the hospital cafeteria. 

"dude shes fucked up on pain meds. give her time... she was just shot by a boy we had enough nerves to trust. shes probably scared shitless right now." steven defended her. 

"why are you defending her? shes, not your best friend. i am." i started to get annoyed. 

"because...diego..sometimes i feel like you're too hard on Madeline... you gotta understand that she was held at fucking gunpoint by a guy she trusted enough to give a piece of herself too. shes probably regretting everything right now..don't add more stress on her bro,"  he said. 

"since when did you and my girl become best friends, what, did you fuck her too when you came back to town that weekend?"  i said a little too loud. everyone around us was staring at me and Steven stood in the cafeteria. 

"you need to chill out.." he whispered while looking around. 

"did you?" I was joking at first, but the fact he didn't deny it bothered me...

"do what?" he got defensive. 

"did you sleep with my girl, steven?" i sighed. 

"what the hell Diego! no! i told you i came back to see family." he said. 

" i didn't even hear from Danny or Madeline while I was in town." he shook his head. 

"of course you didnt..they were probably too busy fu-"I went to say before stevens stubbornness cut me off. 

"can you stop? I'm tired of hearing about this. you're so focused on what she did while you were gone. and at least she told you about it!  at least she didn't wait till after yall got married. worry about the future homie stop worrying about the past. you're home now and nothings gonna come between the connection yall got now." 

and it may have taken me a few seconds, but then i realized, Steven was right. 

*  1 week later* 

"watch your step baby," i said as i assisted Madeline inside of the house.

" I got this. " she smiled while rolling her eyes. she slowly made her way in the house on her crutches. 

"please be careful..." i hissed as she almost fell. 

"im fine. go get my stuff out of the car." she smiled while making her way to the couch. 

"okay..dont move!" i laughed as i ran outside to the car, grabbing her stuff.  as i rushed in the house, i dropped everything in the driveway on accident, causing me to bundle everything up in a ball before running inside. 

but Madeline was no longer on the couch. instead, i found her standing in the bedroom doorway. 

"Princess..." i whispered as i laid her stuff on the couch. 

she was staring down at the ground at the now slightly fainted bleached stains on the carpet from where Steven and I came in here the other day to clean up whatever mess was made. 

"come on..lets get you back to the living room.." i wrapped my arm around her waist, assisting her back to the couch. 

"where is he...?" she whispered. 

"dont know..dont care. he's none of our worries anymore doll." I kissed her on the forehead as she sat down on the couch. 

"i don't want to stay in this house anymore.." she was on the verge of tears. I could tell she was still very shaken up. 

"good. because after the wedding, we're moving into that new house we were talking about a while ago that i bought when you were pregnant. i signed the papers forever ago. all we gotta do is pack up and get outta here baby girl." i smiled while plopping down on the couch next to her, wrapping my arm around her shoulder. 

"we're still getting married?" she asked with pure joy. 

"of course baby. i aint lettin you go nowhere." i laid my head on her shoulder while grabbing her hand, lacing her fingers with mine. 

please excuse any grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors. 

GUYS IVE BEEN SO STRESSED WITH SCHOOL. NO JOKE.

I HAD TWO TESTS TODAY IN BIOLOGY. AND I   F A I L E D   OF COURSE. I GOT 5 OUT OF 23 QUESTIONS RIGHT. 

lol i made a 22%  then the bitch ass sub gave us A N O T H E R  test about a fucking microscope. and i knew nothing. 

so i turned it in blank with a tiny smiley face. 

i  h a t e m y s e l f . 

but. its okay. 

I HAVENT PASSED A SINGLE TEST THIS WHOLE SEMESTER. 

but thats okay. 

because i also turned in a half-ass lab report. 

that wasn't even finished. and they're worth 5 test grades. 

anyways... stay in school kids, don't be a failure like mojo me here.