127

Madeline's POV

"are you okay??" he asks as he grabs hand.  we were sitting in the parking lot waiting for everyone to arrive. 

"yes. im just really anxious for some reason..." i say.
"do you feel sick ? we can reschedule this.." he says with a worried tone. since when was my anxiety this bad?
"im fine..." I exhale slowly.
"they're here..." he says while pointing to my parents walking inside.
"okay lets go." I say, getting out the car. I fix my sweater while walking to the door.
" you good?" he asked again as he grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze. the restaurant was crowded tonight. 

"I'm fine! stop asking!" 

"madeline!" I heard my mom call out.  I turn around looking for her, and it took a few seconds but then I found her. 

"hey mom." I give her a hug. 

"come on. your brother and father already got us a table." she smiles grabbing my other hand. 

"Diego, is your mom on the way?" my mom turns around and asks. 

"I'm here. I'm here." a short, black haired women walks up to us. 

I smiled. 

"hey momma." Diego says while giving her a hug. we all head to the table in the far back. but there was a birthday party at the next table over to ours so there were people crowded back here.

we all sit down at the table. Diego sat next to me, my parents in front of us and Diego's mom on one end of the table and Ryan on the other. 

"so madeline. its nice to finally meet you" candy says with a welcoming smile.

"its nice to meet you too." I return the smile.

"soo..." my dad says, breaking the awkward silence that filled the table. 

"I'm going to be the best man at the wedding." Ryan adds. making things even more awkward. 

we all chatted amongst our selves while waiting for our food. 

"who ordered the season grilled shrimp?" the waitress comes to our table. 

"Ooo me!" my brother says way to excitingly. 

as she sat the plate down in front of him a wave of nausea hit me. 

Diegos POV

"yeah. I didn't  like the whole getting down on one knee thing. that shit hurt on that flooring they had." I laughed while explaining to my mom how I proposed to Madeline. 

"are you okay sweetheart?" I heard Madeline's mom ask sounding concerned. 

I look at madeline and she looked pale with her hand over her mouth.

"baby. do you need to go outside for some air?" I ask trying to sound as calming as possible. 

she slowly nods her head as her eyes start to water up. 

"im sorry..shes been having really bad anxiety lately or something. we'll be right back." I quickly stand up grabbing Madeline's hand while leading her outside. as soon as we got out the doors, she starts to throw up in the bushes along the side of the building. 

"oh baby.." I say, feeling really bad for her. I pull her hair out of the way of her face as she continued to vomit. 

"I wanna go home.." she glanced at me and mumbled after she stopped throwing up. 

"okay babe. lets get you to the car." I say while supporting her with my arm around her waist walking back to the car. I help her get into the passenger seat and buckled up. 

"ill be right back baby, I'm gonna tell them you need to go home." I say, giving her a kiss on her forehead. 

"okay." she curls up in the seat laying her head back on the headrest. I gently shut the door and run back into the restaurant. 

" hey um.. we gotta go. she got sick in the parking lot. she's not feeling to good." I say, feeling bad for leaving everyone who came here for me and Madeline.

"is she okay?" her dad asks worryingly. 

" she's just having a bad day. theres a lot of people in here so she probably felt suffocated ." I scratch the back of my neck. 

"okay... well. tell her we hope she feels better." her mom said. 

"I will." I smile. 

"bye mom. it was nice seeing you. come by the house sometime." I lean down to hug her. 

" I love you Diego." she hugs me back. I smile and wave goodnight to everyone. I was sure to leave a hundred dollar bill on the table so I could pay for everyones meals. 

once I got back in the car, Madeline looked at me. 

"what?" I ask. 

"nothing. you just took forever." she rolls her eyes. 

"lets get you home.." I chuckled at her moodiness while grabbing and holding her hand in mine. 

im so close to 1 million😭💔 I love you guys. and please excuse any grammar or spelling errors!

HEARTBREAK ARMY 💔