145

* id recommend playing the music when i say too, it'll help you understand some of the parts.*

Madelines POV

(candy is calling...)

me: Hello Mrs.Leanos.

Candy: Hey Hun, can i speak to Diego? he's not answering his phone.

me: I'm.uh..not with him right now. I'm out getting us food. but he should be at home watching tv.

Candy: wait. you left him alone???

me: i...i... he's fine...

Candy: and how do you know that? are you home with him? No. exactly.

me: okay please calm down.... i just picked up our food and ill head straight home to check to make sure he's okay.

Candy: good.

then she hung up.

on the drive back to the house, i got stuck in traffic.  Apparently, there was an accident just a few blocks away from the house.

"dammit.," i mumbled as i pulled my phone back out of my purse.

i dialed Diego's number with some hope of him answering.

no answer.

"i swear Diego..." i quickly backed up out of the lane i was in and took the other way back to the house.

once i pulled in the driveway, i noticed Diego's car was gone.

Diego's POV

"how much is that one?" i pointed to a box sitting in display.

"nineteen thousand." the guy behind the counter stared me down.

"i want that one." i pulled my wallet out, giving him the cash I took out of the bank just before i got here.

"good choice...." he smiled.

"yeah thanks.." i took the box out of his hand before rushing out to my car.

then my phone started ringing.

"Madeline STOP."  i yelled before tossing my phone in the passenger seat.

i drove and i drove all the way until i got to the field.  Everything was sat up.
i got out the car and hid the box under a piece of cloth i had hidden in the grass.

then i got back in my car and rushed home to get Madeline. 

Madelines POV

"diego..please answer the phone.." i left another message after he sent me to voicemail  for the sixth time. 

i sat on the couch, contemplating on whether or not to call the police. 

"go get in the car." Diego burst through the door all jumpity. 

"Diego! where the fuck-" i jumped up from the couch feeling angry and relieved all at once. 

"blah blah blah.get in the car...now." he looked at me with cold eyes. 

"okay..." i started walking towards him, but the quickly turned around and ran to the kitchen. 

"MADELINE!!" he yelled at me. 

"calm your balls. i was getting my Chinese food." i rolled my eyes while walking past him out the door.