140

madelines POV

"Ms. Rose, that boy hasnt left the waiting room not once since last night...are you sure you dont want to let him visit?" a nurse came in my room.

"what part of NO do you not understand Ms. Vila?" i asked rudely.

"alright, i understand.." she slowly backed out of my room, closing the door behind her.

" i dont get it...why wont you let him in..?" my brother asked as he sat on the side of my cot.
he has been the only one to visit me since ive been in here..
"because he made it very clear that the only reason he was still in the engagement was because of the baby..." i stared off at the blank wall in front of me.
"madeline... i doubt thats true..." ryan grabbed my hand holding it tightly in his.
"he wanted to take a break...where we were still engaged...but not a thing..." i whispered.
" madeline... he loves you. i know he does. or else he wouldnt have went after me the other night the way he did." he was trying to comfort me. but i saw the look in diegos eyes. he meant what he said. whether he was doing it for the baby or not, if he truely loved me as much as he said he did.. he wouldnt have even thought about leaving me.

"Ms.Rose, you're all ready to head home." the nurse came in my room once more.

"alright..." i mumbled while getting out of the bed.

i slipped on my clothes and grabbed whatever stuff of mine was in the room and headed out the door. we walked down a long hallway before getting on a elevator.
"madeline...hes going to be out here...are you sure you're ready..?" my brother grabbed my hand giving it a squeeze.

" i just wanna go home..." i whispered...
"um we can rent you a hotel room to stay in until you and diego work things out.."
"THERES NOTHING TO WORK OUT RYAN!!!" i yelled as soon as the elevators door opened to the waiting room.
i saw diego leaning on his mothers shoulder sobbing.  his eyes jolted to me as soon as i walked off the elevator.

diegos POV

"madeline... please.... you dont understand.." i cried as i stood up walking towards her.
she didnt say a word. she continued to walk straight for the door.  i watched as her eyes filled with tears and her bottom lip quivered.

" baby.. you know that i love you... i cant lose you...please.." i grabbed her hand, pulling her back.

she quickly turned around looking at me directly. her eyes were puffy and swollen from crying.
she gritted her teeth as her upper lip twitched.

"you promised me you wouldnt break my heart again...look at what you did....you broke my heart.. again.." she looked at me with pure disgust..throwing away any self confidence i had left in me.

" and i hate myself for it...but you took what i said the wrong way..." i choked through my tears.

"i heard what you said diego. loud and clear." she pulled away from me before walking out the front doors of the hospital.

"no..no.no please..madeline..." i begged. i felt my chest get heavy as my heart shattered into millions of pieces.
i slow dropped to the ground on my knees, trying to wrap my thoughts around what just happened..

i drew my fist back, before smashing it into the cold, now bloody tiles of the hospital floor.
"DIEGO!!" my mom cried out.
i was no longer ashamed of crying. i had nothing more to lose.

but then, without realizing it... words that i havent spoken in years..slipped from my mouth..

"momma...i cant do this anymore....i wanna die..." i sobbed, choking on the spit filling my mouth.

with every regret i felt, my heart stung for each one. my number one regret though.. was allowing the love of my life..to walk out those doors with a broken heart.

im getting depressed while writing these chapters. like i feel real pain for madeline and diego.  whos ready for another update tonight? 💔  i love you guys.