177

thursday, 2 days before the wedding

Diegos POV

10:35 am

i woke up on Stevens couch. 

i lean over and grab my phone off my charger. 

"good morning sleepy head" i heard an unfamiliar voice say from the couch across the living room. i look up and a girl with long brown hair who was dressed in only a sports bra and shorts was smiling at me. she had her hair up as if she just came back from working out. 

"uh....Steven!" i get up from the couch and run to his room.  i burst through his door but he wasn't there.  

"Madeline??" i yell, looking around the house; but no one was there. 

i run in the bathroom and lock the door. i was confused on what happened last night.  

i remember Madeline, Steven, Summer and i all got drunk around the fire after Steven and I got home...but i dont remember that girl. 

"Diego?" i heard the front door open. 

i run out of the bathroom and find Madeline standing in the doorway with grocery bags in her hands. 

"Madeline. I'm so sorry. i have no idea who she is. i swear i didn't invite her over." i ran up to Madeline. 

"what are you talking about?" she laughed. 

"that girl!" i pointed harshly at the girl sitting in the recliner. 

"so you dont remember having a threesome with us?" Madeline smirked. 

i stare at her blankly.             

"I'm just fucking with you" she laughs. "that's my cousin Alyce. Shes in town for the wedding and i told her to come by here when she gets in town."  Madeline carries the groceries to the kitchen. 

"hows your leg feeling this morning?" i walk into the kitchen, ignoring her idea of a joke, as she began to take the groceries out of the bag

"i took her to her appointment. dont worry." Steven walks in behind me. 

"You had an appointment? i could've fucking taken you."  i look at Madeline with wide eyes. 

"it's not that big of a deal, Diego.  You were asleep." she shrugs her shoulders. 

"what did the doctors say?" i sighed while scratching my head. 

"that i just need to continue taking things easy and let it heal by itself."  she turns and smiles at me. 

"Hey, did you grab the bag with the milk in it?" Steven asks Madeline. 

"I think Summers got it." she nodded her head towards the door as Summer walked in through the front door. 

"would yall like some help moving into yalls new place today?" steven turns to me and asks. 

"yeah sure." i nod. "Madeline. we got to meet that lady at the new house at two o'clock, so i think we should head home and pack up whatever we want to take,"I say to Madeline. 

"Alright. I'll see you guys later then?" Madeline says to Summer and Steven. "definitely baby girl." Steven gives Madeline a side hug. 

"see you later bro." i fist bump steven before laying my hand on Madelines lower back, guiding her towards the front door. 

"ill stay here with Summer," Alyce assures Madeline. Madeline smiles before walking out the front door. 

"you bout ready to move into our new house?" I raise an eyebrow as we get in my car.