166

Madeline's POV

"baby..no ones going to ever love me the way you do, Danny? he was fucking crazy baby. I'm all yours, don't let him play with your head, that's what he wants..." i grabbed his hand, holding it in mine. 

"what if you're wrong? lucas loved you too...i don't want anyone else to see what i see in you.. Diego sniffled. 

"aye bro, chill out with that shit. you gotta good girl that you been through hell and back with. don't let some punk ass ruin that." Steven said while sitting down on the opposite side of Diego. 

diego turned and looked at Steven while squeezing my hand. 

"now lets go get food, im starving." Steven stood up pulling Diego up with him. 

"um what about me?" i raised an eyebrow. 

"ooh shit, forgot about the crippled." steven smirked while grabbing my hand, pulling me up off the steps. 

"let's go to ihop" i suggested as we all made our way out to Diego's car. 

"of course you'd suggest we have breakfast for lunch." Steven laughed. 

"actually, Ihop also serves lunch so be quiet." i giggled as we all got in the car. 

diego looked at me then at steven suspiciously.

Diegos POV

i couldnt help but be suspicious of the weird vibe i was getting from Steven and Madeline together..

"ihop it is then." i smiled at Madeline sitting in the passenger seat while grabbing her hand holding it in mine. 

***

"can i get two blueberry pancakes with a side of hashbrowns please?" Madeline asked the waitor. 

"and yet you still ordered breakfast." steven shook his head. 

"oh shut up." Madeline smiled then looked at me, "are you gonna order?" she asked. 

"uh...nah im not hungry. i might steal a bite of yours though." i grinned. 

"so diego..." Steven looked at me. 

"what?" i asked. 

Madeline's POV

"whens the wedding?" Steven asked. 

"not sure yet..we wanted to get all this crap outta the way first." Diego looked at me and pursed his lips before grabbing my hand holding it under the table. 

"i think we should soon," i said, taking a sip out of my drink. 

"do what?" Diego looked at me. 

"get married, you dumbass." i laughed. 

"oh well yeah, of course, its going to be soon, the fuck. i ain't giving any more of my friends a chance to steal you from me again.." Diego's eyes trailed off, looking at Steven. 

"and what's the supposed to mean?" Steven looked at Diego. 

Diegos POV

"im just saying...yall seem to be getting kinda close.." i look down while scratching my head. 

"what because im trying to be nice and show her that she can trust me?because im trying to show her that not all of your friends are fucking assholes who are gonna try and shoot her? " Steven snapped. 

"its just-" i went to say. 

"Pathetic..." Steven laughed before standing up from the table.

"sorry for trying to get along with your fiancé. sorry for trying to make her feel safe around me." he pulled his wallet out of his pocket and laid a twenty on the table. 

"ill see you around," he said before walking away. 

"are you fucking kidding me?" Madeline turned to me and said. 

"what? im sorry it's not my fault you fucked Danny, which now makes me feel really uncomfortable with trusting you around my friends!" I was being honest. 

"wow...are you being serious right now? are you ever going to get over that?" she squinted her eyes at me. 

"obviously not.." i mumbled. 

she looked at me in pure disgust then turned away and stopped a waitor at our table..

"can i get my food to go, please? i seem to no longer have an appetite right now.." she glared at me. 

"of course. ill bring it right out." he smiled before walking away. 

"Madeline...you know i didn't mean-" i sighed. 

"no. i know exactly what you meant." she stood up, grabbed her crutches and made her way outside. 

"can i get the check?" i sighed as our waitor went by again. 

Madeline's POV

"hey, im sorry about him.." i muttered while walking out to the parking lot. Steven was sitting on the sidewalk. 

"its cool. i mean i get where he's coming from but he's gotta understand that i don't see you as anything more than a friend." he laughed. 

"im that ugly huh?" i joked. 

"no, stop! you're a beautiful, young, talented girl but you're Diego's girl and i respect that." Steven smiled. 

"thanks." i blushed. 

"anytime." he looked at me then looked away when we heard Diego walk out the doors. 

"I'll see you around." Steven patted me on the shoulder before getting up and walking down the sidewalk. 

"you ready?" Diego grumbled. 

"unfortunately." i sighed while getting up and using my crutches to make my way to the car.

***

*10:58 pm that night*

"baby are you still mad at me..." diego slowly opened the bedroom door. 

"yes. now get out" i pulled the covers up over my head. 

"im sorry okay." he said while walking towards the bed. i felt the bed go down as he climbed on the bed, laying down next to me.

"you don't trust me, and that hurts knowing that," i muttered. 

"baby..i do..im sorry, i was just angry and jealous. im being one hundred percent honest. i felt threatened by my own best friend...princess im sorry.."

finally, this motherfucker admitted to it... 

i turned around and smiled. 

"whats that beautiful smile for Hun?" he wrapped his arm around me. 

"you were honest...and that's all i wanted to hear." i leaned in, leaving a small kiss on his lips. 

"honesty is a step closer to marriage baby, and guess what?" he pulled back from the kiss. 

"what?" 

"we're getting married. real soon. i promise. i just want you to be able to walk down the aisle without crutches first." he joked before pulling me back to him, kissing my lips. 

"diego.," i whispered in between as our kiss grew more passionate. 

"yes?" his lips traveled down to my neck.

"i want too..." i whispered. 

"want to what?" he pulls back looking me in the eyes.

"i wanna get intimate with you..right now.." i felt my face turn a bright pink. 

"are you sure, what about your leg?" Diego looked surprised. 

"so?" i smirked while slowly making my way onto his lap straddling him.Diego looked at me and smiled. 

"i missed this," i whispered while pulling my top up over my head and unclipping my bra. 

"shit...me too baby girl." Diego bites his lip. 

please excuse grammar, spelling and punctuation errors 💔