92

madelines POV

"diego... i know you cant hear me right now....but im sorry...im so .. so .. sorry... as soon as you get out of here... i promise im gonna be right by your side..its us against the world baby... im coming home, and im going to put that ring back on my finger.. im going to start looking at wedding dresses, flowers, catering, and everything. we're going to get married. and we will be happy again... i promise you.. i just need you to do me this favor...and wake up...." i held his hand tightly, lookings at the non responsive boy i had once imagined being with.
" hes been locked into a drug induced coma, and we're worried he may go brain dead if he doesnt wake up soon. not trying to worry you or anything, but if you are religious, id recommend praying.." the doctor puts his hand on my shoulder in a comforting way.
" okay...." i say quietly.
" do you want me to bring in your friend?" he asks.
" um.. no..im gonna go..but im coming back. im going to stay the night in here. ill sleep in the chair..." i get up from the side of the hospital bed. i lean over to kiss diegos forehead.
he was cold. his skin, a icy pale color.
" i love you..." i whisper.

as i walk out the room, thoughts travel my mind.

what if he Doesnt wake up?

what if i never get to stand under the alter with him?

ive ruined him.

" is he okay..?" lucas stands up from his chair worringly.
" ill tell you on the car ride to chinese express...im starving.." i say as i walk out the door. avoiding eye contact with anyone and everyone.