Hidden Talent

Shirou let out a small sigh as he sat down on a couch in one of Chaldea's recreational rooms. "Phew. Today was exhausting. Cooking for everyone in the cafeteria, especially for Arturia and her counterparts...man, it feels like every day is a rush hour for them."

As Shirou continued to sit on the couch, he noticed that in the corner of the room was a plasma screen tv, and in front of it was a Nintendo Switch, its dock, left and right Joy-Con controllers and accompanying straps, a Joy-Con grip, an AC power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a few other video games.

"Is that a gaming console over there? And those colors...from what I heard from master, that is a Nintendo Switch..." Shirou thought. For a moment, he did nothing but just stare at the Nintendo Switch. Then he got off the couch and went over to where the Nintendo switch was. "Guess I could play with this for a bit. It shouldn't be wrong to play on a game console like this."

Shirou picked up the console and checked to see where the power button was. As he found the button, he then turned the console on and the first thing he saw was the loading screen, and it said, "Please press the same button three times." He followed the instructions that were on the screen and pressed the A button three times. Soon, the loading screen disappeared and in its place was a selection of games that were on the screen. Shirou was amazed with the number of games that were on the screen. Some of them were franchises Shirou recognized from his past.

"Wow. There are so many video games here...and you don't need a game cartridge to input them in. Well, aside from the ones over there though. Still, video games has come a long way..." Shirou thought as he remembered the days when he was in the Clock Tower, playing his childhood video games Taiga would usually ship over to him.

Shirou then stopped the memories coming into his head and focused on the Nintendo Switch. As he did, he looked at the many apps that were on there. As he continued to inspect the Nintendo Switch in amazement, it was then that a certain servant came by and watched the whole thing.

That servant was Tomoe Gozen, Archer of Inferno, and Chaldea's biggest gamer.

"Hm? Isn't that Emiya Shirou? What's he doing over there with the Nintendo Switch master bought? Is he having trouble using it? Well, I feel like playing with the Nintendo Switch right now, so this is good timing for me."

Tomoe soon went into the recreational room, heading towards to where Shirou was. "Um...Emiya Shirou? Are you okay over there?" she said, catching Shirou's attention.

"Hm? Oh, hey there Tomoe. I was just looking at the Nintendo Switch, and I'll admit. I'm quite amazed with how advanced it is."

Tomoe let out a smile. "I know right? Not only that but buying video games is also easier as well. Thanks to the advancement of technology, you can buy video games on the console itself thanks to the online shops!"

"Is that so?" Shirou asked.

"Yeah!"

"Wow. Video games really have changed since the last time I played them."

Tomoe's eyes lit up excitedly. "Eh?! You're a gamer too Shirou?"

"Well...not quite actually. I did spend some part of my childhood and a bit of my teen years playing video games, although they weren't this advanced as the ones now."

"Is that so? What games did you play by the way?"

"Some adventure games, some action games, and some racing games."

"I see..." For a moment, Tomoe was quiet as she was thinking of something. "Hey Shirou, want to play video games with me?"

Shirou gave Tomoe's question some thought and replied, "Sure. Why not?"