Novel Ideas

"Hmmm...grrrhhh...ah! That's it! I can't think of anything to write!" Hans Christian Andersen yelled as he put his pen down while stretching his arms at the same time. "Jeez, writer's blocks are quite a pain in the ass..." he muttered to himself.

Right now, Hans was having a massive writer's block as he was in his room, thinking about what story to write next, but failing as he could not think of any ideas. As he sighed in defeat, he laid back on his retractable chair, giving him some comfort. "Man, I'm having a hard time thinking of a new story to write about..." He then turned around his chair and as he did, he saw his messy room, filled with papers of past stories and such along with empty bottles of energy drinks for his usual all-nighters. "Well, looks like staying here won't give me anything to think about. Time for a change of scenery."

Soon, Hans got out of his room and began walking in the hallway, searching for new ideas to write about. As he did, he tried to search for new ideas to write about but was failing to find any. "Huh...having writer's block is a lot more painful than either dealing with that horny nun or reading a trashy story, and that's a lot of work for both of them..."

Eventually, like what happened earlier, Hans couldn't find any ideas after many minutes of walking in the hallways. Knowing this, he sighed again as he found a chair to sit on along with a table as well. As he did, he brought a small notepad and a pen. He then looked at the ceiling with a blank expression.

As he looked at the ceiling with his blank expression, it was then he heard a voice call out to him. "Oh my, seems you've having trouble here Hans~" the voice joyfully said.

Hans grumbled as he knew that tone of voice. "What do you want Shakespeare?"

"Oh nothing. Let's just say it's been a while since I've seen you with that expression of yours. You know, the one that says, "I can't think of anything!""

Hans let out a tired sigh. "Shakespeare, leave me alone for a bit. I'm trying to think of something right now."

"Really? With that facial expression of yours?" Shakespeare asked with a chuckle in the end.

Hans sighed again. "Anyways, what are you doing here?"

"Oh. Well, I was just passing by earlier and I happened to see you like this. And let me guess, you're out of ideas for writing a new story? I can tell because it's clearly written all over your face!"

Hans let out a groan from hearing Shakespeare's tone of voice. "You don't have to rub it in my face, but yeah. I'm completely brain-dead right now, and I can't think of anything to write right now..."

"Really? You really can't think of anything to write about now?" Shakespeare teased.

"Yeah..."

It was then that Shakespeare started to twirl around. "Oh dear! This is one of these writer's blocks I've heard about! Oh, the dreaded writer's block, forcing the writer to not think of anything to write about! How tragic to not think of anything to write about! And the worst about it is that it can strike at you wherever you go! Like a snake that strikes in the grass! Or a shadow lurking in the corner! Or like how you keep checking up on that perverted nun!"

Hans groaned again. "Yeah Shakespeare, you don't have to keep rubbing it into my face...including that nun as well." Hans then got out of his seat and grabbed himself a glass of water. "Anyways, as you mentioned earlier, I can't think of a story to write about."

"Eh...is that so?"

"Um...if you mind, may I join in on the conversation?" a new voice said.

Both Hans and Shakespeare heard the new voice and turned around to see who the person was. As they did, they saw Murasaki Shikibu, who was in the doorway of the room they were in.