Friends And A Card Game

Shirou was walking down the hallway, minding his own business. As he did, he then heard a familiar voice calling out to him.

"Hey, Shirou!"

Shirou turned around, expecting to see Arturia behind him upon hearing her voice. However, instead of her, he saw Proto-Merlin instead.

"Oh, hey there Merlin," Shirou said.

It was then that Merlin suddenly came up to him in an instant and tugged him on the ear. "Call me Merlin onee-san!" she said with a pout on her face.

"Owowowowowowo...f-fine. Anyways, what brings you here?"

Proto-Merlin then stopped tugging on Shirou's ear. "Well, there's a small thing I need to ask from you..." she said with a sly grin on her face.

Shirou gulped upon seeing Proto-Merlin's sly grin. "Oh boy. That face she's making...it reminds me of the same smile Merlin would do when he's planning on pranking someone..." Shirou then calmly recomposed himself. "So, what are you asking me to do Merlin...onee-san..." he said with a bit of struggle at the last part of the sentence.

Proto-Merlin's sly grin grew even further. "Well...follow me and you'll see! Now come on!" As she said that, she then grabbed Shirou's arm and suddenly ran in the hallway, dragging him along.

"Whoa! Merlin! Slow down!" Shirou yelled.

"Sorry Shirou, but this is important on my life!" Proto-Merlin replied.

Shirou let out a small sigh. "Really? I'm not sure after seeing that grin on your face..."

After many minutes of Proto-Merlin dragging Shirou around in the hallways of Chaldea, she finally came towards a stop when she and Shirou arrived in front of a room. "Um...Merlin onee-san, just where are we?"

"Here!" Proto-Merlin said as she suddenly threw Shirou into the room, catching him by surprise.

"What the-?!"

In an instant, Shirou was thrown into the room. When he did, he then heard the doors shut behind him. "What the-Merlin!" Shirou yelled.

"Sorry, but this is very important for him you know!" Proto-Merlin yelled from the other side of the room. "Anyways, have fun in there with him!"

Shirou was confused for a moment about what Proto-Merlin said until he looked behind him. As he did, he saw Arthur Pendragon, who was just sitting there.

"H-Hey there Shirou...this is quite the predicament we are in right now, aren't we Shirou?" Arthur said with a chuckle.

Shirou let out a small sigh at the situation he was in now. "You can say that again..." Shirou replied. "Anyways, I supposed that you got here because of Merlin?"

"Which Merlin? Your Merlin or my Merlin?"

"Your Merlin."

Arthur let out a sigh. "I see. Well, you're not alone in this as well."

Shirou immediately knew what Arthur was talking about. "Let me guess, my timeline's counterpart of your Merlin dragged you into this room as well?"

"Yes."

Shirou sighed again. "I swear, what's with the two Merlins and their pranks?"

"Honestly, I have no clue as well. It's as if they were made to completely cause mayhem wherever they go. To be honest, the moment I saw my version of Merlin here in Chaldea the first time when she got here, I immediately had a bad feeling about what was going to happen next."

"You can say that again. And I suppose that when your version of Merlin met my version of Merlin, that bad feeling grew even further to the point where your worst fear came true?"