Chapter 1

Isn't it the constitution that it's a different world when you open your eyes and see an unfamiliar ceiling?

But it wasn't for me. I woke up in some moldy motel room.

"Ugh—" 

It felt like my head was going to break. I grabbed my forehead and got up. The musty-smelling blanket fell under my feet.  

So—let's see, after confirming that I failed the test again, I think I fell asleep while drinking alone.

Does this mean that I roll in from my studio room to the motel?

"I'm going crazy...." 

I cursed at myself and went into the bathroom. I thought I should get some water and check out my appearance as well. I'm sure I look like a drunk student studying for the civil service exam, even though I'm not looking at it. 

And I almost fell when I looked in the mirror.

"Ugh!—Fuck." 

I couldn't believe the situation and gritted my teeth while reflexively swearing.

I brushed my hair with trembling hands. Then I looked in the mirror again.

I could still see an unfamiliar face in the mirror.

There is a skinny, fine little boy.

...I held my breath to keep myself from panicking. I had already quit, yet I found myself longing for a cigarette. 

"...Whoo." 

It was then that I realized that even the voice was unfamiliar. 

I feel like biting my tongue.

What the hell's going on here?

I barely came to my senses and led the unfamiliar body to search the motel room.

I found a note in the bed that looked like a suicide note and an empty medicine box. This guy must have tried to kill himself by taking sleeping pills.

When I read the contents of the suicide note roughly, the content was that he was an orphan who dropped out of school; he died because he felt depressed and hopeless.

My mouth felt bitter for no reason. Why am I still an orphan while having changed my body?

I also found a wallet that was lying on a cheap dressing table. I looked around and found some bills and this body's ID card.

[Park Moondae 0X1215 – 3XXXXXX]

"The last digit is 3...."

He was young. I looked at the photo on my ID card after I said it. It was better than the appearance I saw in the mirror earlier, but my face was dark. 

Still, he looked young with a handsome face, considering he had a dark impression. Is he 23 years old now? I thought he'd be younger.

"...."

No, this is not the time to think about this.

I tried to think calmly.

Anyway, I calmed down by roughly grasping the situation. I think I should slowly find my original body's whereabouts and come up with countermeasures. I don't know if this guy who tried to commit suicide got into my body.

I took my wallet and opened the motel door.

And I hardened. 

In front of my eyes, snow was falling from the window. 

...It was July before I got drunk.

"Oh my." 

I swallowed my saliva. Then I rushed back to the motel room and lifted the calendar on the desk.