Chapter 45

"..."

I carefully removed my hand from the handle on the front door of the apartment to not make any sound.

I definitely double-locked it before I went out to shoot, but when I came back, all the locks were unlocked.

'It has come to this.'

A problem that comes with fame. The invasion of privacy.

It was an issue I was already worried about. I just left it because I didn't have any other financial measures.

'... First of all, there are no important things inside.'

I didn't buy much and I already brought all my clothes to the filming, so there was nothing valuable in the apartment.

'Then let's go out quietly like this...'

The moment I thought of this, my smartphone rang.

Ring!

[Seon Ahyeon]

When I checked the name on the screen, I realized a problem.

The walls of this apartment were just like paper sheets, so it wasn't soundproof.

'F*ck.'

I hastily moved away from the door.

And I ran to the emergency exit right away.

As soon as I turned at the corner in front of the emergency exit and entered the blind spot, I heard the door open.

Screech.

Poking her head out through the door, I saw the back of a woman's head who was looking around and entering.

She looked like a normal person. I'd never seen her before, but the problem was that she was breaking into someone else's house.

I broke out in a cold sweat.

'It's driving me crazy.'

First of all, I went out to the stairs outside the emergency exit and answered the phone.

It was Seon Ahyeon who made the call, appearing on the screen.

– M-Moondae... Have you eaten yet?

"I haven't, but I don't think now is the time for me to eat."

– W-What?

"Someone is breaking into the house."

– H-Huh.

I could hear Seon Ahyeon swallowing his breath behind the phone and his parents' voices asking what was going on.

Originally, I would have roughly hung up on him, but right now it wasn't a situation where I could pretend to be bothered.

'I'll have to ask you to give me a ride to the police station.'

If I called 112 and a police car arrived, the neighborhood would become noisy and strange rumors could arise.

It was a last-minute thing, so there was no need to give any excuse.

So, I was thinking of going in person, explaining the situation, and quietly handing it over.

'I thought it would take forever to call a taxi, but it turned out better.'

– W-Wait. W-We'll be right there. Come down right away! I-I have to report...

"I'll go and do it myself. I'm sorry, but can you give me a ride to the police station?"

– O-Of course!