Chapter 9

On the theme song stage, the participants were set up in the shape of a fan, with the platinum grade group in the center. Of course, the higher the grade, the closer it gets to the center.

Aside from that, there were parts that only the platinum group could perform, so the grade preference was all that mattered.

However, everyone seemed to pay attention to the grade because getting one shot on the camera could change the initial ranking.

Besides, the production staff and trainers spoke and acted as if grades had great meaning, making it perfect for young participants to be swept away. And in other words, the number of people who talked to me went up five times when I got the Platinum badge.

As someone who had never experienced this kind of social hierarchy in high school, I was a little skeptical.

What steps will the production team, which has such a unique personality, take in the future to create an atmosphere like this—?

Fortunately, the vicious production team also had direct thoughts. Participants who got a Platinum grade and had a dance level of A or higher were moved to the front of the line at the start timing and during the dance break.

And the participant who wasn't very good at dancing was pulled back cleverly. Well, of course, this was also the case for me.

My dance break movements were slightly behind Gold because I saw Seon Ahyun and Lee Sejin (Gold) right next to me.

Come to think of it, child actor Lee Sejin got the silver grade. Judging only by the general public's reaction, it's unlikely that he's making his debut.

"Isn't it a little sad?"

So, I skipped over this close friendship with Lee Sejin (Gold). A little bit past the point of suspicion, the obstacle went down without any trouble.

"Not really."

I answered calmly. I think he means that the stage location isn't all that great for a platinum grade.

"Wow, I must have been very sad."

"You deserve it."

"Huh? Why do you think so?"

"Because you're a good dancer."

Lee Sejin's dance was an A-. The vocals were a C+, and if he hadn't messed up on the high notes, he might have gotten a platinum grade instead of me.

"Uhm, thank you!"

Anyway, Lee Sejin smiled widely as if he was feeling better. Then another voice came in.

"Can't you dance?"

It was the platinum grade participant who stood at the center of the front row. The blank expression didn't give the impression that the person had any ill intent toward me.

But the problem is that he was the one who came in first place in the ranking evaluation. And as far as I know, he was the final number one.

His name is Cha Eugene. He was so famous that I had seen his face on TV countless times while eating at the Baekban restaurant in Gosichon. ( Baekban can mean simply steamed white rice or a full menu of rice, soup and side dishes. Gosichon is a Korean term used to refer to residents of civil service examinees.)

However, he was stranger than expected. How can he ask such a thing when the microphone and camera are both turned on?

With such a personality, he won first place.

Of course, the details in the status window and in every evaluation were great.

Nonetheless, there was a good chance that the broadcast editing was also favorable to him. Let's not get involved in this kind of material for nothing.