Chapter 68

"..."

There was a moment of deceptive silence.

The director asked as if he had heard a random joke.

"...Magical Girl? You mean like what the kids watch? Like Luna Moon?"

"Yes."

Park Moondae quickly cleared up the situation before the director became displeased.

Thud.

"Of course, I don't really mean Magical Girls for toddlers."

As the PPT went over one more slide, they could see cuts of props in dreamy colors.

A classroom window glittering in the glow of the sunset.

The sky wallpaper on a cracked phone.

Classroom clock with purple effect.

......

"However, if only the symbolic motive of the genre is reconstructed, it can compete well enough. The retro sentiment is trendy these days, so it's also a choice that can capture both popularity and batting eyes."

(TL notes: batting eyes = the ability to distinguish between a ball and a strike in baseball.)

"...Hmm."

Park Moondae posted some examples of retro marketing in several PPTs. Among them, there was a viral SNS conducted by T1, the parent company of the agency.

"Also, if the song's dreamy atmosphere and the keywords 'Youth' and 'Magic' are combined, I think we can bring out the artistry with the composition of art films."

Art.

He poked at the weak part of high-ranking people like the director.

When the director talked about self-produced idols, Park Moondae noticed the image he expected from the agency's business.

'He wants to look good, so he has no choice but to do it well.'

Since he talked about popularity a lot in front of them, Park Moondae also made enough excuses for the commercial.

"Related image references and arrangement plans."

Park Moondae turned over the PPT slide and showed additional image data he had selected with the members.

And lastly, he briefly played song number 7.

It was the chorus part.

However, it felt different from the demo.

"...!"

"We want to proceed with the overall arrangement in this direction."

Kim Raebin, who was standing together and looking at the presentation materials, nodded slightly.

The rest of the members were slightly relieved because it gave a strange comfort to see the person who led the arrangement being satisfied.

'I couldn't sleep a wink because of that.'

It was fortunate for them that Ryu Chungwoo had a car and a driver's license. They were able to go to the studio just by texting the manager.

Of course, the manager who woke up in the morning and saw the text had freaked out.

"Oh..."

The director gave a strange exclamation and soon nodded his head.

And he clapped.