Chapter 2

'Idol Joint-Stock Company.'

It is a survival entertainment series that was popular at this time of year.

Following the success of the audition, in which dozens or hundreds of aspiring idols were gathered and eliminated by vote, there were other programs that followed the format.

This 'Idol Joint-Stock Company' was also one of those mass-produced programs, but there was a reason why it became particularly famous.

Because it has gotten more vicious toward capitalism.

First, let's look at the advertisement for season 1.

[Your idol stock that grows as much as you purchase!]

Yeah. It means that you can vote in the name of 'stock' as much as you spend money.

The program was in Season 3 this year.

For some reason, after Season 2 completely collapsed, they treated the season as if it had never existed and came out with the aspiration title "Re-listed."

Thanks to this, there were many people who ridiculed, saying that Season 3 repeated far from enough and it'll go doom.

...What about me? I didn't have any thoughts about it because I was preparing for the exam.

Anyway, contrary to people's expectations, Season 3 has been a huge success.

Although there is a lot of controversy and criticism, it produces male idols who become hot topics, gain viewer ratings, draws 80,000 users to the music site's entry, and sell 600,000 album copies in the first week.

So I'm going to go on this program, too.

Today I'm taking the first step.

"Yes, we are done! I didn't trim the side too much, as you asked."

"Yes, thank you." 

Now I've got a good look at myself. I thought while looking at my well-cut hair in the mirror at the salon.

I think eating well and sleeping well during the past few days affected me since the gloomy feeling of depression had already disappeared. Thanks to that, I was able to trim my messy bangs and expose my forehead.

Just in time, a middle-aged woman who was getting a perm next to me gave lip service.

"Oh my, student, you look so good~ You've gotten taller!"

I thanked her and proceeded to the counter to pay with cash.

'It's a relief that I had some money in my account when I went to the bank to check it out.'

Looking at the details, it seems that he didn't use it since it was his parent's insurance money; I feel sorry, but I need to use it.

'...Should I fill up the interest and donate it to a child welfare organization if I make money?'

It was a bit bitter. I took off the certified copy and did some research while opening the mobile phone, but it seems that the suicide of this 'Park Moondae' wasn't even an impulsive act.