Chapter 73

During the boring music show pre-recording waiting time, one of the VTIC members who was touching his smartphone as he liked told Cheongryeo.

What he showed was the 9th most popular video on WeTube in real-time.

[Number 1 Idol got hit by water at the showcase!]

[On the evening of the 18th, an idol group's debut showcase was held at Red Square. The audition that heated the internet a few months ago, <Idol Inc.>...]

Issue WeTuber was excitedly talking about the showcase water bottle incident while adding personal opinions.

"This is him, right? That Idol Inc.."

"...Ah."

Cheongryeo looked at the screen and remembered the ridiculous personality test.

"Park Moondae."

[He's quick-witted.]

Just in time, the video showed a small, ambiguous-quality fancam (due to copyright issues). It was the scene where Park Moondae gently took care of the situation.

"Isn't he really smart?"

"That's right."

"But it's such a shame. We had the same schedule..."

Other members who were sneakily watching from the side also joined in and clicked their tongues.

"It's been a couple of days since Tnet acted recklessly."

"Their index is good, but it's a pity that they won't get first place."

The slightly sympathetic tone presupposed the conviction that they would win in the second week as well.

In fact, it was inevitable.

[#1 Night Sign / VTIC]

It was the daily ranking of the nation's largest music site.

Since the music charts were reorganized so that they couldn't be seen in real time, it was impossible to break through the existing music charts and immediately win first place unless it was dire.

'It takes a week at the earliest.'

The same was true for Testar's music, which would be released at midnight.

Then, if Testar's album sales in the 1st week beat VTIC's 2nd week with a triple score or higher, they could expect to win first place on the music show, but unfortunately, their initial period overlapped with VTIC for about a day.

Unless Testar in either case set a record that was crazy enough to exceed expectations, their loss was meant to be.

Of course, even if they were from the audition, saying that a rookie boy idol won first place on the music charts was absurd.

"Ah~ If we have time to worry about hoobaes, let's just do our best!"

"Right!"

VTIC quickly returned to their respective interests.

And Cheongryeo rested his chin and thought.

'...I might lose.'

* * *

The debut showcase ended safely in an enthusiastic atmosphere.

But there was no special after-party.

"We just debuted, we can't appear like a hoppang on TV. We were fed a lot~"

(TL notes: Hoppang = a steamed bun, usually filled with red bean paste.)

"Hoppang is delicious!"

"Your face has to look good, you can't be so chubby that makes people want to eat you."