Chapter 7

Judge Mudie was the trainer for the Advance Vocal.

She gave me a generous score on my first evaluation, and she also said nice things about all the other participants. So there were also good words said during the training.

Of course, this doesn't mean that she never gets angry in any situation.

"Wongil-ah, that's not it... Haa."

"...."

The participant who kept missing the same beat bowed his head for the fifth day in a row.

He seemed to be trying to hide his anger instead of his regret, but it didn't matter.

Because the important thing to remember is that even a good coach will struggle to hide their frustration when watching a participant make so many mistakes.

And here's the main culprit.

"Moondae-ya, do you want to sing this part?"

"Yes."

When the trainer pointed it out, I moved forward, and the electric piano started playing the accompaniment. Then, I started singing the part before the chorus along with the music.

"I draw the future like a shooting star~."

When the trainer nodded in response to the clear voice and accurate beat, the participant who had failed earlier stomped his feet in frustration.

Yes. The flower bed was the reason I sang this theme song so well from the beginning.

It was unavoidable that those who already knew this song would have a different starting point than those who didn't.

Even though I wasn't listening to the demo, I listened to the complete song. It was okay to just sing based on what I remember.

Moreover, my voice was perfectly suited to this song, and the trainer was pleased with how I sang it because it didn't sound dirty.

Even now, some people were whispering as they looked at Mudie's happy face.

"...He's really good."

"I know."

What's worse is that the sample comes from "ordinary people," which means that the standard set by Advance Class is higher, so the other guy would suffer more.

Even more so if the participant is only good at singing.

As confirmed in the first evaluation, two participants had A-grade vocals this season. And both of their dances are below grade C. Everyone, including me, was in a tough condition.

Also, that 'Choi Wongil' participant, who is currently being scolded, was one of those two A-grades.

It's funny that he is the same middle school boy who tried to identify me before the filming. However, he was actually a first-year high school student, and not a middle schooler at all.

In any case, at an age when his self-consciousness was high, he deserved to be angry because this was something that he had been hearing from his trainer for several days.

He was compared to the person he ignored as soon as he met him.

"That's right!"

As soon as I finished singing the pre-chorus part, the trainer tapped the keyboard as if she was feeling better. Even when he heard the sound of the light hitting, Choi Wongil didn't raise his head.

"Wongil, you should sing it like this, okay?"

"...."

Given his abilities, I don't think it's possible to make that many mistakes. But unfortunately, after I cleared the whole song on the first day, he continued to argue, and in the end, it seemed like his mental was shattered.